Creaking/knocking diagnosis - videos

C-Fed

Sorry for posting these again. Tried on a couple other threads but haven't got an answer.

I bought the car with a dull clunking sound that could be heard at low speeds on uneven roads. My first thought was it was down to worn front drop links so replaced them. This cured the clunking to some extent but it's been replaced with a definite knocking/creaking. It sounds all kinds of awful. It sounds like it's front near side/central. Are roll bar bushes prone to going as well? Previous owner told me it was solid underneath and sailed through its mot.

Is this noise more than likely the bushes in the compression/banana arm?

Sound more creaky here

Really hope I Havnt bought a lemon :(

Many thanks.

Edited by C-Fed

Heard there's some heat shield / under tray thing that can be loose and also cause a noise? Wonder if it's both! It does sound horrendous as you can hear.

I've sourced an aftermarket arm new so will stick that on and see if it it sorts it. Just wanted to find out if where was any other culprits! Then it's on to the grinding noise when turning tight/hard right and the pulsing I've noticed coming from the clutch?! Although heard that can be a zed trait :?

When my heat shields were loose it was a tinny rattle sound but check them anyway just to rule them out. Maybe change the power steering fluid and clutch fluid, might help?

If this duel mass flywheel/clutch was on the way out could this all be signs of this dull intermittent light knocking/pulsing from the clutch when it's pressed in? The bite point is really high and it shudders a little bit unless you feather the accelerator a bit. Starting to wonder why I bought it!! Hahaha

Oh god! I tired that clutch adjustment guide but went too far and the pedal wasn't returning all the way up so had to turn it back again. Might give it another bash and not go as far... see if it makes a difference.

Are draining the clutch and steering fluid easy to do on a zed? It's not somthing I've tried before

Since I've been doing so much research on the old compression arms etc, just went and had a look under the car and I don't think my bushes are standard?! They're black im sure but are they pollybushes?!

zjyte6.jpg

8WYrXs.jpg

Edited by C-Fed

If it's still clunking/knocking though then surly that must mean that the ball joint on the arm is the problem ? What about top mounts etc or are her normally ok?

If that (assuming it is one) polly bush is alright could it be easily pressed out and swapped to the new compression arm?

Edited by C-Fed

Changed the front near banana arm and it's still creaking loud and has a metallic rattling over bumps. Letting the garage have a poke about see what they think. Strange. Getting my lolly bushes out into the new arm at least...