Any good short trip breakdown cover?

coldel

I am off on the Scotland hoon with a few people on here, given my car passed its 21st birthday recently and will be attempting to keep up with cars a fraction of that age I am considering what breakdown cover to go for in the case of the worst happening.

I currently have AA Roadside through my bank account, but that just tows me to the nearest garage - I would much prefer to have the car recovered home back to London though where I have trusted (and free!) car mechanics on hand to fix any issues rather than a local garage that has never even seen a GT4 working on it for the first time (no offence to any mechanics along the route!)

I tried a few, Co-op looked ok but wont insure cars over 16 years of age. Some others such as startrescue do not do proper nationwide cover and will still recover you to the nearest garage rather than get your car home.

Any advice welcome...

I've been looking for this for a euro trip and it's proving a PITA for cars of a certain vintage. Have you tried adding "classic" to your google searches, there must be something for old MG owners!