Near miss in my 350z

wmr1980

Excuse the quality but I had to edit this and upload on my phone as I am sans PC at the moment so the quality is scaled down.

Bloody moron pulls out right in front of me on a 60mph road. I was wary of the junction so was easing off anyway, but thank goodness I have good brakes on my Zed (best upgrade ever!) And reasonable reactions.

The old codger's car was completely mangled at the front and his near side tyre is on the rim. So he either has a habit of crashing his car or was drunk or both or is just absolutely in his own world. That could have been a big smash. I was doing the NSL earlier but as I said I eased off but was still going at a fair speed as he started to pull out.

^^What Ian said.

You can see his front left tyre is basically flat and he's still driving on it. Definitely worth reporting him to the Police imo especially as you also have camera evidence of how he almost caused an accident. :scare::surrender:

His bumper is also broken, and his front tyre is on the rim. So he was either drunk or just a completely inattentive driver but clearly he has been crashing around and either hasn't realised or is just drunk or incompetent.

Should I report it to the police? I'd be worried they'd want the full footage and I gave it some beans a bit before then! I was doing 60 or just under in the video I posted. I think he does need to give his licence up.

Thanks for the post modification mouthwash. :)

Wow that is terrible, glad all is ok! Imagine if the road conditions were less forgiving!

I presume you hurled abuse at them!

Or in a car less capable... With my family aboard. But as it happens all was well. I did rant a bit at him and then promptly overtook him. He was completely oblivious.

I like how the car on the left sort of waves at me!

His bumper is also broken, and his front tyre is on the rim. So he was either drunk or just a completely inattentive driver but clearly he has been crashing around and either hasn't realised or is just drunk or incompetent.

Should I report it to the police? I'd be worried they'd want the full footage and I gave it some beans a bit before then! I was doing 60 or just under in the video I posted. I think he does need to give his licence up.

Why was that guys car like that in the first place is what would be on my mind, ...did he just commit a hit & run? Is he a serial drink driver? or possibly something else (medical issue etc)?

If your brakes hadn't been so good & your reactions so quick then obviously you'd have been in a crash today because of him. I assume you'd use the footage then wouldn't you?

Personally I didn't think your speed looked inappropriate for a national speed limit area & as there was no speedometer in sight I would imagine it would be fairly difficult to pin point your exact speed judging by the video. Plus I cannot see any reason why the Police would need to see any more of the video then what we have just seen from your Youtube account. :shrug:

Your choice though at the end of the day. :thumbs:

• Like 2

In the grand scheme of things I'd take a more pragmatic approach, especially considering the police don't exactly have a lot of spare time right now.

Call 101 and report it. You have enough detail there, you can say that footage is available if they want it. Ask that someone pops round and has a chat with the guy instead. They may well put the fear of god into him, plus see the state of his car and then advise him not to drive until fixed. For some people, especially older ones, having a uniform tell you you're in the wrong can be enough to make them realise they need to sort themselves out.

• Like 2

Very good that you had decent brakes on your zed buddy. That guy will kill someone if not himself soon enough so better to let the police know as ekona says. The thing is it probably wouldn't be himself he killed, it would be someone who is like you an innocent motorist just going about his own drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1