Take 2 let's try again :)

• 2 weeks later...

So late last Friday night ....very late like 2am late :lol:

If fitted my fuel serge tank from protec.

Ignore the rough install!

now I'm happy it cured the problem and I can run it down to fuel light without any fuel serge issues  I have a nice alloy box being fabricated  to house it all in.

And it will be powder coated black 

So its all coming back out once the box is done as obviously being fuel I want it protected from anything flying around the boot but will also contain any leaks should the worst happen.

But for now I can take right handers as fast as I like down to fuel light instead of filling up every half tank and no more worries of running lean on full chat 

Side note this protec stuff is realy Nice stuff  should anyone want somthing similar and the pumps are whisper quiet B)

And if you are lucky Rob will let you have a sit in his gt2 :thumbs:

Check them out here 

https://www.protecfuelpumps.com/

20180511_230339.jpg

20180511_214943.jpg

20180421_112557.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3

Picked this up yesterday from the fabricator  getting it  all mounted and buttoned up tomorow hopfully finished pics to follow :)

It has a lid that will clamp down and seal the top should and leaks occur on the pot and the hoses will exit at the top via rubber grommets 

IMG-20180524-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20180524-WA0005.jpeg

Edited by nissanman312

Made a little more progress today on getting the box to contain the swirl pot fixed in!

Still lots of little bits  to do before I'm happy with it.

The filter needs to be mounted outside I was just put there while I tested it and the wiring needs tidying up 

But getting there slowly 

IMG-20180527-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20180527-WA0023.jpeg

IMG-20180527-WA0021.jpeg

Edited by nissanman312

• 1 month later...

Very little to update on the thred the car has barley moved for a couple months and I've just had my insurance renewal through:wacko:

That coupled with tax every month has got me thinking of a possible sale or putting back to stock this winter if I don't start getting some use from the car 

I'm paying for it to sit idle :doh:

Plus I've spent a week driving this in Europe and it's given me ideas :lol:

Excuse the Beatle stickers it was joke between friends....and yes he did go all round Europe with them on :D

20180707_212026.jpg

Edited by nissanman312

33 minutes ago, andy james said:

Keep going mate. A bespoke Boosted Z is way cooler than a beetle!

Ha ha 

Good point Andy 

The Beatle was interesting to experience for sure but hard to love being a jap fan 

I've been looking at Caymans which is what I can afford and I'm sure they are a sweet handling machine but I just don't love the look or sound enough...shame because definitely appreciate the attraction of the  z German for  the drive 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SHEZZA said:

Mate not driven mine for a month ! It’s Just sat in the garage covered in dust and I’m ashamed to get it out and it’s been too hot to wash it! :doh: :lol:

I don't believe you yours is always gleaming :lol:

I'm going to get it out this week and have a little blast even if it's for half hour just so its moved :)

7 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

I don't believe you yours is always gleaming :lol:

I'm going to get it out this week and have a little blast even if it's for half hour just so its moved :)

I've joined this conversation waaaayy to late :huh:

16 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

That coupled with tax every month has got me thinking of a possible sale or putting back to stock this winter if I don't start getting some use from the car 

I'm paying for it to sit idle :doh:

I am the same, i find it so difficult to justify a car if i am not using it, although its a passion and hobby. I dont really get much satisfaction from driving on the roads anymore, all you seem to do is sit in traffic or get stuck behind something and the flip side is i dont have the time to do a couple of track days a month at the moment. I must admit since selling the VX last year i dont miss it, but do keep hankering after having something nice, catch 22 :(

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

I am the same, i find it so difficult to justify a car if i am not using it, although its a passion and hobby. I dont really get much satisfaction from driving on the roads anymore, all you seem to do is sit in traffic or get stuck behind something and the flip side is i dont have the time to do a couple of track days a month at the moment. I must admit since selling the VX last year i dont miss it, but do keep hankering after having something nice, catch 22 :(

Exactly this 

Usually justify the cost by using it for a Europe trip once a year and the od blast out with pals 

But the one lad I go out with is selling up due to a baby on the way! So I only see the use getting less unfortunately 

So I blew the cobwebs out of the motor today about 350 mile coverd and realy enjoyed the car again on days like today I realy don't want to sell it ....its safe for now :lol:

Here's a couple shot with my pals evo which is going for sale next week :thumbdown:

20180721_101344.jpg

20180721_174211.jpg

20180721_174403.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm looking into my next mods and wondering just what difference some light wheels would make to the drive/handling of the z 

Curently on stock 370 19s 

I've also been looking at the z1 2 piece discs which claim to give a weight saving 

Has anyone gone with light wheels and can comment on the difference it's made to the drive ? 

https://motoiq.com/project-nissan-370z-kinetix-racing-suspension-enkei-wheels-and-continental-tires/3/

I have been reading this recently they have the same suspension set up and I like the look of the wheels ....not sure on the 18s tho 

Unsprung weight does make a big difference to a cars handling.

My 19" 5ziggen wheels may look good on the car but are heavy,but when i have swapped them over to the 18" Rays for a competition I can really feel the difference immediately. The car feels more responsive/light footed. 

Big light wheels cost loads! .................

11 minutes ago, andy james said:

Unsprung weight does make a big difference to a cars handling.

My 19" 5ziggen wheels may look good on the car but are heavy,but when i have swapped them over to the 18" Rays for a competition I can really feel the difference immediately. The car feels more responsive/light footed. 

Big light wheels cost loads! .................

Yeah the brakes are not cheep either 

Its one of the things I find frustrating in the z tho when on a big sweeping road it's fine but when it get tight it feels a bit club footed 

1 hour ago, nissanman312 said:

I'm looking into my next mods and wondering just what difference some light wheels would make to the drive/handling of the z 

Curently on stock 370 19s 

I've also been looking at the z1 2 piece discs which claim to give a weight saving 

Good to get rid of as much unsprung weight as possible, does make noticeable difference to handling and chassis performance

Cant speak for the Z1 discs but I’ve run pfc discs since owning my 350’s, reduces a massive amount of weight over standard items, well worth changing to. Not cheap........but is anything good cheap........would be nice for a change eh!! 

Its also the reason I run the 18” lmgt4’s.........heavy wheels feel like dumbbells in each corner and over bigs bumps you can feel the dampers struggle to control them. 

58 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

Good to get rid of as much unsprung weight as possible, does make noticeable difference to handling and chassis performance

Cant speak for the Z1 discs but I’ve run pfc discs since owning my 350’s, reduces a massive amount of weight over standard items, well worth changing to. Not cheap........but is anything good cheap........would be nice for a change eh!! 

Its also the reason I run the 18” lmgt4’s.........heavy wheels feel like dumbbells in each corner and over bigs bumps you can feel the dampers struggle to control them. 

Good info thanks 

Yeah that's how mine feels on some really bumpy roads the 370 wheels are some big old wheels 

21 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Good info thanks 

Yeah that's how mine feels on some really bumpy roads the 370 wheels are some big old wheels 

Just tried to be helpful and weight stock disc vs the pfc floating assembly's I still have kicking around for but the stock disc (from a spare upright I built my brake kit from) is JDM size!

It gives you an idea though, standard JDM disc 296mmx24mm and much larger Brembo size pfc disc 324mmx30mm both weight 7kgs!

If the car is lowered and quite a handful over rough and undulating roads I can highly recommend installing these, made a big different to mine now its not bump steering all over the place when the road gets choppy when pressing on!

http://www.splparts.com/spl-pro-front-outer-tie-rod-ends-370z-g37/

Read the "note" on these down the page, worth knowing in case you do swap wheels at some point

1 hour ago, 350Butcher said:

Just tried to be helpful and weight stock disc vs the pfc floating assembly's I still have kicking around for but the stock disc (from a spare upright I built my brake kit from) is JDM size!

It gives you an idea though, standard JDM disc 296mmx24mm and much larger Brembo size pfc disc 324mmx30mm both weight 7kgs!

If the car is lowered and quite a handful over rough and undulating roads I can highly recommend installing these, made a big different to mine now its not bump steering all over the place when the road gets choppy when pressing on!

http://www.splparts.com/spl-pro-front-outer-tie-rod-ends-370z-g37/

Read the "note" on these down the page, worth knowing in case you do swap wheels at some point

Interesting 

The cars is lowered a little on kw v3 

But when the road gets choppy it dances around quite a bit.

it's worse since I softened things and added the mps4s   after centre gravity set the car up on Bridgestone run flats that were on the car made it skitish 

We need to meet up for a chat :lol::thumbs: