Take 2 let's try again :)

• 3 weeks later...

Little update we got finished last week and then Ian Litchfield sent me a base map over to run the car up to temperature and make sure there was no leaks etc

And I'm booked on there dyno on the 25th :)

I have a video on photo bucket but fpr some reason the fourum won't let me upload it :(

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK at last

There has been a couple of small issues as to be expected when doing these things

One was a leaky o ring on an injector and the other was a issue with the dump valve now sorted. as you can imagine Litchfields dyno is a busy one so they have been doing a lot of tunning out on the road

But I have had some numbers from Ian today as he got it on the dyno for a few power runs and fine tune the midrange of the tune

He's made simlar to before to be honest so its made 475bhp

However changing to air to air and taking the restrictions out of the kit has seen the boost rise on the same pulley from 7/8 psi to 10/11 psi and charge Temps are down

The tune isn't finished yet but Ian said it would make 500 but he's happy everything is nice and happy at 475 I don't know the tourqe numbers yet I have only briefly spoken with him

The cars staying with him next week for him to set up some oil presure trips etc

So I'll report back next week with how she drives

Then its back to rsv for another oil change and some cosmetic upgrades :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 8

OK so I picked the car up today and took it for a drive

Wow it's the same sort of power as before but pulls so hard now

and that tial qrj although loud sounds so sweet :)

Like a fool I forgot to get my dyno sheet from Ian I was to busy dribbling over the LM20

The biggest single difference I can tell you is how much cooler the car runs now

Charge Temps are down to between 6/10 degrees over abient which is a maaaaaaasive difference to how the stillen kit runs on its charge cooled system.

I barley saw charge Temps drop bellow 40 degrees and they hit 60 at redline on the old set up

After a good hard blast now I can stand with my hand on the supercharger charge pipe and manifold

Before all of those things would of blisterd your skin

I'm so chuffed the Temps are down the car seems so much happier for it

Roll on summer 😎

• Like 5

Wow. This is pretty damned cool. If I still had mine, I'd definitely convert to this setup.

Cheers dom

Yeah I don't even look at Temps now

I've been out in the car today its a rocket it feels so different.

It's just so lively out of the traps

More than likely down to the extra boost and cool charge

So after a nice little run out around the cotswolds yesterday I got home and changed the engine and supercharger oil ready to clock up a few miles over the next few weeks :)

IMG_20170218_173141_820_zpsmcdgbius.jpg

To do list

Customise stock crash bar or run somthing like this http://www.fastintentions.com/product_info.php/products_id/177

And then I want to get some cosmetic stuff done havnt decided what yet but this car looks Verry sensible gentleman gt and sounds like a rocket ship.

So it needs a bit of somthing to spice it up :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3

…Customise stock crash bar or run somthing like this http://www.fastinten...products_id/177

So you're not able to retain the stock crash bar then? That tow bar looks fairly neat.

Ummmm not realy

I plan on either doing what ZMANALEX has done on his tt set up or getting one of those fi style ones fabed up

Screenshot_20170207-133131_zps4j6dvwfm.png

Here's what Alex did. I like it

• Like 1