Take 2 let's try again :)

10 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Those look dreamy matey, why have Chinese when you can have British 💪

Martin aka The Z guru strikes again. Also your Akebono brakes are a good upgrade for the 350z owners.

Cheers Dave 

Yeah I'm well happy with them 

Unsure on if to keep my akebono calipers incase I ever sell up 

But if someone wants them I suppose they can go 

Hope you're well buddy

• Like 1

I didn't know if a slim spacer was needed between the bells and hub to centre the discs in the caliper. As you say custom made bells for the car would negate any messing around, very nice work and direct fit.

Would these clear 18's would you imagine? 

13 hours ago, davey_83 said:

I didn't know if a slim spacer was needed between the bells and hub to centre the discs in the caliper. As you say custom made bells for the car would negate any messing around, very nice work and direct fit.

Would these clear 18's would you imagine? 

Aghhh gotcha 

No no spacers or any thing needed mate 

These calipers will fit under a 18 wheels yes 

As it's the Motorsport caliper it's very slim and not bulky at all for a caliper so big if that makes sense 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Another nice little mod added and a couple of maintenance bits courtesy of Mr butcher 

@350Butcher

So feeling 2nd to 3rd being a little bit awkward now and then @350Butcher suggested I try these

https://us.gktech.com/z33-350z-z34-370z-solid-transmission-tripod-mounts-set-of-4

so he very kindly fitted them for me at the weekend along with the stiffer shift springs these guys do 

the result is a much sharper and more positive shift! a real nice little mod 

We also replaced the radio control panel as my volume had packed up.

and swapped out the AC module as my AC has stopped working so thought it could be that.

unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem so the AC fix needs further investigation.

the clutch on the compressor isn't engaging but can only find a fuse and no relay for it.

Next thing will be to check the power or lack of possibly to the AC compressor

to be continued

PXL_20220501_110749854.jpg

PXL_20220501_110759872.jpg

PXL_20220501_171644451.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 2

Always a pleasure.............and once again we've provided top quality photos of the job to assist the forum!!

Seriously though really nice mods done together, tightens up the shift loads and there are no negatives at all

Parts installed

https://au.gktech.com/z33-350z-z34-370z-solid-gearbox-tripod-mounts-set-of-4

and (we installed the harder of the spring options)

https://au.gktech.com/350z-370z-transmission-shifter-return-spring-kit

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Always a pleasure.............and once again we've provided top quality photos of the job to assist the forum!!

Seriously though really nice mods done together, tightens up the shift loads and there are no negatives at all

Parts installed

https://au.gktech.com/z33-350z-z34-370z-solid-gearbox-tripod-mounts-set-of-4

and (we installed the harder of the spring options)

https://au.gktech.com/350z-370z-transmission-shifter-return-spring-kit

Can always count on me for half the info😂

• 2 months later...

Couple of updates 

Attacking the gallery gaskets this weekend with @350Butcher

I've been monitoring oil pressure which has been fine but decided to dive in and get them done for peace of mind as we're going back to the Dyno at Litchfield 😁 the supercharger has left for vortech today to have the si impeller installed which should net a little more boost without actually spinning the charger faster.

While we're at the this point I'll be doing plugs coolant oil service etc etc to make sure it's a good as it can be before I get the map tweaked to suit the impeller 

Also on the list are the vibratecnics engine mounts 

The gearbox has been spot on so looking forward to getting those on 

I will take lots of pictures for you if anyone is interested 

PXL_20220704_185553784.jpg

• Like 6

I think it's safe to say I dodged a bullet here and decided to do this just at the right time the big gallery gasket was gone the small one was ok

again massive thanks to @350Butcher for his skills on the tools super methodical with the way he goes about things much like myself🤣

I'm glad we caught it in time! Now the wait for parts to arrive and the charger to come back

PXL_20220710_134013566.jpg

PXL_20220710_113331641.jpg

PXL_20220710_113323925.jpg

PXL_20220710_113357994.jpg

PXL_20220710_113619099.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 4

Yeah was a good job done that! Not sure how many miles it would've worked out to be till they were fully gone and serious pressure issues resulted but safe to say they were well and truly on their way out and needed swapping out asap................which was good to see really after all that spannering just to inspect them!!  

Few more bits done today in the barn 

New engine mounts in ...that's easier when you can get at them from the front 😬

And started to get the car back together

Not much left to do now and then it's fill with fluids and run it up 

I want to go with a better rad but need one that has AC 

CSF are known to fail and not to keen on mishimoto

So options are hpi ran by these guys https://dsportmag.com/the-cars/features/revyou-supercharged-nissan-370z/

Or go with a custom set up but that gets costly and time consuming 

Hopefully the charger will be back soon and can get some mapping done 

PXL_20220717_090647772.jpg

PXL_20220717_141546668.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

A little update on the car 

After sealing the timing case back up after the gallery gaskets job

I got it all back together when the supercharger came home from the USA .

Bleeding the coolant system up was a complete pig! as there is no vent plug on the back of the engine like the 350. 

I bought a no spill funnel which came with different radiator caps to seal and was a absolute god send worth  every penny 

The charger has been upgraded to the SI impeller from the sci that stillen supply.

The result of that if it's making another 0.3 bar of boost without having to actually spin the charger any faster with smaller pulleys.

So the car is now making in the region of 13.5psi at 7500rpm it was making 9psi before.

it feels alive everywhere now and you don't feel that  you even need to wring it's kneck! But letting it run out is addictive.

It's actually making peak boost at 7200 rpm so I think that will be my max shift point in the name of longevity 😬

I haven't been to the Dyno yet just remotely mapping the car with Litchfield and the maps haven't been miles off so just little tweaks needed from the guys there. 

The smaller 9psi pulley actually over spins  the vortech v3 a little and that can push oil out of the unit via the vent plug and shaft seals etc so I wanted to avoid that .

Also boost gained through efficacy over forcing the charger to work harder is always favourable.

Other little bits include a new windscreen has mine had a chip and cracked in the heat.

And getting the AC gassed up again 

Now i just need to get out and put some miles on it over the next couple of weeks as we have a euro tour coming up in early September

Hopefully I'll get out for a drive tomorrow with @350Butcherand he will film a fly by for your viewing pleasure 😁

IMG-20220801-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20220806-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20220815-WA0004.jpeg

PXL_20220814_163718612.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

So who's ready for some forged engine build content?

Because It would seems the bleeding issue was a red herring and actually there was was bigger issues on the horizon.

I only got two days into the European tour and things went from bad to worse

What was a suspect bleeding issue turned out to be a suspected head gasket issue as it progressed to pressurising the coolant system and blowing coolant out of the header tank.

It looks like the extra boost pushed it over the edge.

Luckily!

I had some breakdown cover that is going to repatriat the car and covered a hire car and flights home.so we still got to enjoy most of the hotels and routes we had planned all be it in a fiesta 😂

So it's time to break it or fix it so I think I'm going to fix it and fix it proper this time so with @350Butcher excellent engine building skills the z is getting a bullet proof motor built for the boost 

The stock motor did well to be fair 40k boosted miles and hard use a few hard euro trips included in that so I've had my use from it.

I could try and just do the head gasket but there's no point once we are that deep in the engine so sod it balls to the wall motor build time it is.

and it will provide you all with some quality winter reading while all your Zs are tucked up in bed for the winter.

The parts list has been compiled and will be ordered soon so grab your popcorn put your feet up and await the engine strip down pictures when the car finally arrives home.

for now here's the obligatory tow truck picture.😜

IMG-20220910-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20220910-WA0005.jpeg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, andy james said:

Sorry to read this Nick.

I feel your pain as I’m on second built motor!

Looking forward to following your progress mate.

Thanks mate it's not all bad 

I hadn't planned on the build this year but hey ho.

I'm actually looking forward to it now 

What's better than hanging with your pals while tinkering with the engine on your z 😁

I think me and you will be in our Zs untill the wheels fall off 😂

I might pick myself a little hatch up to paly in so I'm not tempted to rush the z 

• Like 1