Take 2 let's try again :)

8 hours ago, dave_7 said:

This is going on my to do list!

Definitely worth it 

Also Definitely an arse of a job :lol:

what other bushes have you done ?those z1 subframe collars for the rear  make a fantastic difference and are super easy to install 

I think most of mine is pollybushed now bar a couple of bits 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Definitely worth it 

Also Definitely an arse of a job :lol:

what other bushes have you done ?those z1 subframe collars for the rear  make a fantastic difference and are super easy to install 

I think most of mine is pollybushed now bar a couple of bits 

Sounds like a job to take my time over and do through the winter then.

Yeah just the subframe collars, diff brace and diff bushing at the moment plus the bushings that come in the front and rear camber arms so still plenty left to do. Looking at chassis bracing as well, the price of the Soul function stuff is eye watering through.

On 04/09/2021 at 21:25, nissanman312 said:

just need to wait to get into string theory on the 13th for the geo tweek as centre gravity are booked up for months to realy feel the benefit :D

Surely you could have gone to the local Kwik Fit who have the same equipment as CG and ask them to align to the spec that CG gave with print out.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Surely you could have gone to the local Kwik Fit who have the same equipment as CG and ask them to align to the spec that CG gave with print out.....

I could give a copy of my chicken with white wine and tarragon recipe to a penguin, but I’m not sure it would taste good :lol:

Davey makes a good point though, I recently took mine to this lot, recommended to me from another forum, for a factory set up. They got me in quick and were well priced, they were aligning to pork factory specs but I’m certain they’d happily work to your spec sheet though.

https://www.alineyourcar.co.uk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, davey_83 said:

I suppose ypu are right  but I have changed the ball joints on the camber arms up front as well so are they going to want to be on and off with wheels adjusting camber arms 🤔 

On 07/09/2021 at 18:00, Stutopia said:

I could give a copy of my chicken with white wine and tarragon recipe to a penguin, but I’m not sure it would taste good :lol:

Davey makes a good point though, I recently took mine to this lot, recommended to me from another forum, for a factory set up. They got me in quick and were well priced, they were aligning to pork factory specs but I’m certain they’d happily work to your spec sheet though.

https://www.alineyourcar.co.uk

Pork Factory? 

On 07/09/2021 at 13:36, dave_7 said:

Sounds like a job to take my time over and do through the winter then.

Yeah just the subframe collars, diff brace and diff bushing at the moment plus the bushings that come in the front and rear camber arms so still plenty left to do. Looking at chassis bracing as well, the price of the Soul function stuff is eye watering through.

I dont know what your tool kit and skill set is but if you need any help speak to @350Butcher hes got the kit and the process nailed down and is always happy to help a nice chap out with a track oriented nismo for a few beer tokens  :p 

Just  a thought if you don't want to struggle with them 

That big bush is a pig 

8 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I dont know what your tool kit and skill set is but if you need any help speak to @350Butcher hes got the kit and the process nailed down and is always happy to help a nice chap out with a track oriented nismo for a few beer tokens  :p 

Just  a thought if you don't want to struggle with them 

That big bush is a pig 

Probably bang average really. I'd just take it off then take it into work to use the big boy press on it... unless im missing something?

I follow @350Butcher's build thread... absolute mega car one of my favourites on here

3 minutes ago, dave_7 said:

Probably bang average really. I'd just take it off then take it into work to use the big boy press on it... unless im missing something?

I follow @350Butcher's build thread... absolute mega car one of my favourites on here

No not missing anything its just realy bloody awkward to get the arm in the press but sounds like you might have that coverd with yours  ...it took all 10 tonne of Martins press 

The tricky part is getting in behind the collar 

I realy should of documented this for people ..I  couldn't find anything on Google for it 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to report mods wise 

I had the geo set up at string theory prior to our Scotland trip 

I've added a few photos of the trip and the amazing roads we got to drive with minimal traffic 

The zed performed pretty dam well with bags of grip even in the wet on the mps4s .

Even more grip was found when one of the guys with us who races played with everyone's tyre pressure constantly so that was eye opening 

I also got to spend the day driving my pals gt3 rs which ofcourse is on another level in performance but also in cost :wacko:

I have a plans for winter with the car as after this trip I have pretty much decided with the mods done to date not much out there offers the price vs performance for me 

20210922_164736.jpg

20210922_153347.jpg

20210922_095338.jpg

20210921_090158.jpg

20210921_142028.jpg

20210919_181603.jpg

20210913_144530.jpg

20210920_175449.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stutopia said:

Nice shots 🆒

Love the nerdy stuff, what did you learn about pressures? 

Cheers stu 

For the most part we were all starting the day off a little to high and then we just kept nipping a bit out of them to keep them on point.

Just need to remember to check them each morning when they are cold 

But even when its raining and you don't think they would generate much heat or presure they do.

Possibly nothing new to most but I was surprised how much you could keep nipping a bit out of them to keep them on point 

20 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Cheers stu 

For the most part we were all starting the day off a little to high and then we just kept nipping a bit out of them to keep them on point.

Just need to remember to check them each morning when they are cold 

But even when its raining and you don't think they would generate much heat or presure they do.

Possibly nothing new to most but I was surprised how much you could keep nipping a bit out of them to keep them on point 

The Cayman is the first car I have had with TPMS up on the dash, I was amazed at how much it fluctuates depending on conditions and the way I am driving. On a recent track day I went out at the "performance" pressure of 33psi and was shocked to see them climb up to 40, relatively quickly. I always thought it would only be 2-3 psi changes.

2 hours ago, Stutopia said:

The Cayman is the first car I have had with TPMS up on the dash, I was amazed at how much it fluctuates depending on conditions and the way I am driving. On a recent track day I went out at the "performance" pressure of 33psi and was shocked to see them climb up to 40, relatively quickly. I always thought it would only be 2-3 psi changes.

Yeah exactly that its definitely worth keeping a little gauge to hand if you're out for a play 

• 4 months later...

PXL_20220129_174212395.jpg.ee1857f61f00040fc97aea35a9d40c0a.jpgIt's been a while but I've got a new mod ☺️

I did a track day a few months ago and the stock brakes although ok didn't really allow me to keep lapping so I've gone for a mega upgrade and one which I may make available to anyone else interested.

It consists of the ap 5000r 6 pot caliper brackets and bells to suit either 350 or 370 and a set of used btcc j hook discs and pads all for less than a set of Chinese brakes .

If anyone I'd interested keep following and I'll have more fitted pictures soon and prices tbc but for now here's a little sneak peak 

PXL_20220129_174212395.jpg

PXL_20220129_174139471.jpg

PXL_20220129_174105082.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 4

On 29/01/2022 at 18:12, nissanman312 said:

PXL_20220129_174212395.jpg.ee1857f61f00040fc97aea35a9d40c0a.jpgIt's been a while but I've got a new mod ☺️

I did a track day a few months ago and the stock brakes although ok didn't really allow me to keep lapping so I've gone for a mega upgrade and one which I may make available to anyone else interested.

It consists of the ap 5000r 6 pot caliper brackets and bells to suit either 350 or 370 and a set of used btcc j hook discs and pads all for less than a set of Chinese brakes .

If anyone I'd interested keep following and I'll have more fitted pictures soon and prices tbc but for now here's a little sneak peak 

PXL_20220129_174212395.jpg

PXL_20220129_174139471.jpg

PXL_20220129_174105082.jpg

This is mega! 👌 Very jealous

• 1 month later...

These look MEGA!!! Looking forward to the install update. Popping your track cheery also, fair play. Pushing ones car on track is sooooo different to on road, can actually lean on the chassis and see what's underneath you. 

@Charlie Boy you need to follow this 👍

• Like 1

All fitted up big thanks to @350Butcher for his expertise once again

He got to test them out first ofcourse.

We weighed pads calipers and discs to find just shy of 6kg weight saving per side  over stock set up .

and with the anti rattle springs fitted along with pad retention clips they have perfect road manners for a Motorsport set up 

With the added stopping power and ability to perform over and over without getting to hot I'd say that's a win win situation of anyone fancys a set let me know I'm going to put a few kits together.

😁

PXL_20220402_112441497.jpg

PXL_20220402_111706999.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 4