Take 2 let's try again :)

15 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Yeah this is a concern hence why I nearly went for poles and side mounted them 

But hoping I can get these somewhere near stock at least 

I would of thought if its mainly you driving the car its not an issue but on European trips etc when I share the car with people it wouldn't work to be fixed 

yeah its just me who drives mine so I'll happily trade it for that extra inch of head room. Which seat brackets are you going for? A lot of people seem to go with the Planted ones

4 hours ago, dave_7 said:

yeah its just me who drives mine so I'll happily trade it for that extra inch of head room. Which seat brackets are you going for? A lot of people seem to go with the Planted ones

I've gone for all recaro 

See how we go from there 

I've read a few things about those planted basses not fitting properly and level 

Are you going recliner or fixed ?

49 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

I've gone for all recaro 

See how we go from there 

I've read a few things about those planted basses not fitting properly and level 

Are you going recliner or fixed ?

i'm going full on fixed back side mounted.... not particularly practical but hey ho.

Not done too much research on the mounts yet but i'll bear that in mind about the planted ones. I'll also see what GSM recommend when i'm there

5 minutes ago, dave_7 said:

i'm going full on fixed back side mounted.... not particularly practical but hey ho.

Not done too much research on the mounts yet but i'll bear that in mind about the planted ones. I'll also see what GSM recommend when i'm there

https://www.pci-racing.com/product-category/seat-mounts/

These are good mounts I was going to go with these if I went fixed 

Next parts for the seat project arrived the genuine recaro rails for the z 

Now after some investigation it seems these are only available from recaro japan :shrug:

But luckily I chatting to a chap that had a set delivered from nengum in Japan and never fitted them 

So I managed to skip the lead time 

My covers and foam are delayed right now hopefully this week I'll see them and then ill update once the seats start going back together :D

IMG-20210225-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20210225-WA0016.jpg

• Like 2

Next part of the puzzle arrived for the seats this week 

New leather/alcantara covers from recaro ready for the retrim 

I'm just waiting on the new back foam and seat base foams that I may be waiting a while for unfortunately 

IMG-20210303-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20210303-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20210303-WA0010.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The seat project has stalled for now due to me awaiting new foams 

Heres why 

Hello from Capital Seating

Many thanks for your continued patience on delivery of your order from us for the RECARO parts. We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your order.

As you may well be aware, we have had great difficult recently in obtaining stock of many of the RECARO spare parts that we offer on our website. Normally these products are available from stock and can be supplied right away, however in this current climate, sourcing the parts from production is taking much longer than usual.

The production site at RECARO has been dealing with a number of issues which have caused the delays in these products, including reduced labour capacity due to Covid-19 restrictions over the past year, limited supply of raw materials impacted by the pandemic throughout their global supply chain, and a move to a new logistics facility and order processing system that was initiated just prior to the global lockdowns which had implementation issues caused by the pandemic. These issues have created something of a “perfect storm” and as a result caused huge backlogs in manufacturing on these spare parts, as well as all seat production lines, which dates back right through 2020.

Production are working tirelessly to supply these orders, but because of the unique situation it is very difficult to supply accurate delivery dates at this time. We were originally hoping for a large spare parts order to be delivered late-February but sadly this did not materialise. We are hoping for parts to be delivered on our next order in a few weeks’ time, however we cannot yet confirm exactly what will be due then.

We appreciate the lack of clarity of delivery dates is disappointing, however rest assured we are constantly communicating with production to try and obtain clearer information, and as soon as this available to us we will let you know.

We will continue to hold your orders and supply them when the parts are available. Alternatively, of course, should you not wish to wait any longer then we are happy to cancel your order and provide a full refund. If you would like us to arrange this then please just get in touch. It is worth noting however, that all orders are supplied on a first-come first-served basis, so if you do cancel your order then the parts will go to the next customer once they are available again. It potentially could be quite some time before our stocks return to a normal level. So if you still require the parts from your order then keeping your order in place will allow us to supply you as soon as possible.

Ourselves and RECARO apologise for the difficult position we are in with regards to your order, but we are working hard to try and resolve it as quickly as possible. As soon as we know more then we will be in touch. Many thanks for your continued patience and support.

:thumbdown: but its the state of everything right now 

Fingers crossed I can get moving on them soon

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, dave_7 said:

Will be worth the wait. At least they have been open and honest which is more than can be said for most. Like you say absolutely everything is like this at the moment

Yeah its all good 

There's life and death going on so minor issue this :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

But there's another potential hold up in getting them built up :lol:

The early arrival of my first child 

A baby girl 

So ill be grabing time on them when I can 

Congratulations to you and the Mrs soon :)

19 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Thanks all 

Hoping to get them built up next few days :D

I'd wait until you've had a bit more sleep, you don't want to make an assembly error at this stage.

Managed to get the recaros built up with new foams and covers this week and mocked up on the frame you need to put the seat back to one peice. after removing the clio frame or whatever car you have them from same applies to people wanting to fit the juke seats etc.

I'm realy pleased with how these turned out and they are basically new now so should stay nice for a while 

IMG-20210419-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20210419-WA0013.jpeg

20210422_215616.jpg

20210422_215607.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, nissanman312 said:

Managed to get the recaros built up with new foams and covers this week and mocked up on the frame you need to put the seat back to one peice. after removing the clio frame or whatever car you have them from same applies to people wanting to fit the juke seats etc.

I'm realy pleased with how these turned out and they are basically new now so should stay nice for a while 

IMG-20210419-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20210419-WA0013.jpeg

20210422_215616.jpg

20210422_215607.jpg

They look really good buddy