Take 2 let's try again :)

Changed out the clutch master yesterday with the expert help of @350Butcher as the fluid was looking crap even after the new slave and lots of bleeding in hindsight I should of put it on when I had the clutch fitted as the system bled up perfectly after :doh:

Either way its done now 

Z1 sent. Me the wrong cluch line tho so I have one for a de if anyones after one 

20200810_061130.jpg

20200809_112323.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Little bit of maintenance today 

Changed the oil again only done  afew thousand but at least its ready for spring 

And I wanted to check the oil pressure to see if there's and sign of gallery gaskets 

I know its not a definitive answer but there's good presure there so im happy for now 

The engine may get forged at some point to push the new supercharger kit so there's no point me doing gaskets now if the pressure is good 

I've got 25psi at 80 degrees i think nissan state 14 psi is the minimum so we're good for now hopefully 

20201222_145126.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Next little project arrived yesterday :D

I have wanted a set of these for ages but could never realy justify nearly 3k with rails etc etc. 

So when my friend with his clio rs offered me his at a price I couldn't refuse and still makes them economically viable to change the covers and buy new base and rails and everything needed to fit properly I snapped his arm off.

I think I'm going to go with black leather  and alcantara centres to go with my gt interior like the pic below 

Ill document the process best I can should anyone else want to do it .

The dog approved as well 

20210214_113125.jpg

IMG-20210213-WA0022.jpeg

IMG-20210214-WA0000.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

One seat stripped down ready for the new alcantara covers to arrive 

The large frame pictured is the clio frame removed and the small frame is what you need to make the seat whole again and ready to accept your specific base frame /rails

After a little look it seems the air bags are intact so no issus there either  

20210220_213912.jpg

20210220_213916.jpg

20210220_214012.jpg

20210220_214018.jpg

• Like 3

So stripped the drivers seat today and unfortunately its seen better days 

Its a shame as the foam has just gone on the lip of the bolster and the bolster its self is solid 

Luckily these are readily available new from recaro so ill be ordering a new one tomorrow and the covers should be here next weekend :p

IMG-20210221-WA0010.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dave_7 said:

be worth the extra time and effort when its all done... its basically the 1 seat that can do a bit of everything!

Any plans for how you're going to get it to sit as low as possible?

Yeah they are realy comfortable 

I'm just working on that at the moment I definitely want to be able to slide it 

I was tempted by a pair of pole position but these came up to cheap 

21 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Good work Nick. Yes most of the RS seats are comfortable. I have Recaro Trendlines in my 182 and they are superb.

26 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

i may pick your brains once i get my seats further down the line mate. I think i'll have to hard mount mine to the floor as I'd really like a bit of extra room for my helmet 

11 minutes ago, dave_7 said:

i may pick your brains once i get my seats further down the line mate. I think i'll have to hard mount mine to the floor as I'd really like a bit of extra room for my helmet 

Yeah this is a concern hence why I nearly went for poles and side mounted them 

But hoping I can get these somewhere near stock at least 

I would of thought if its mainly you driving the car its not an issue but on European trips etc when I share the car with people it wouldn't work to be fixed