Take 2 let's try again :)

47 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

Love this perfectly proportioned Nismo decals.

Discrete yet purposefulB)

Yeah undecided on those at moment 

Hopefully get the tyres swapped over next week and see how they look on the car

Then get mine cleaned up ready for sale

Edited by nissanman312

• 2 weeks later...

So on full chat I've been missing a gear now and again and it was suggested with the extra power etc there may be a bit of movement on the gearbox mount 

So the vibratechnics gearbox mount was suggested as a good mount that dosnt transmit noise to much by @350Butcher he runs it and like it and after seeing his recent work I trust what he says 

So after a bit of confusion with deemontweeks ebay ad I ended up grabbing a bargain from them 

I picked the vibratechnics mount up in there ebay store in new/used condition! Ie a few scratches at half price 

So here it is.

i will report back on our findings 

20200310_194635.jpg

On 10/03/2020 at 20:00, nissanman312 said:

So on full chat I've been missing a gear now and again and it was suggested with the extra power etc there may be a bit of movement on the gearbox mount 

So the vibratechnics gearbox mount was suggested as a good mount that dosnt transmit noise to much by @350Butcher he runs it and like it and after seeing his recent work I trust what he says 

So after a bit of confusion with deemontweeks ebay ad I ended up grabbing a bargain from them 

I picked the vibratechnics mount up in there ebay store in new/used condition! Ie a few scratches at half price 

So here it is.

i will report back on our findings 

Me and my uncle's 370z have this mount installed now and its perfect........no noises at all and offers loads more support! Get them discs and pads bought and then bring it round for another spanner session! Hopefully it cures the issue for you

On 10/03/2020 at 21:14, davey_83 said:

Was a great buy and after the confusion worked out well. Need that confidence back when going for an upshift in anger!!

Hey it didn't confuse everyone! Was a really good buy at that price too!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys 

Hopefully you are all staying in and keeping out of harms way 

To kill the time I've been getting through a few jobs car included 

I Fitted the gearbox mount yesterday and wow what a difference that's made 

Shaper throttle response 

Sweet crisp clear changes even at full chat and an it gives the drive a general felling of confidence rather than felling like the box is flexing around under you at load 

100% recommend this mount 

Here's some pictures of the new and old one 

20200405_130502.jpg

20200405_124906.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Umster said:

Beautiful! Honestly glad to hear you got this done and felt an immediate improvement. Have you changed any bushings or other mounts? Think you would be open to changing any more of them? 

Ummm yeah I have the whitline diff bushes 

And the kinetix camber kit which is polybushed 

Of which I'm actually refreshing those this week 

I'm I also have kwv3 and eibach anti roll bars just to let you know what else is underneath 

I am going to do the subframe collars as well as opposed to going polly in the subframe to try and keep near to oem comfort 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperStu said:

how's the NVH v OEM?

Right I've been asked this a bit on my Facebook post and I'm finding it a little hard to answer in words so I'll do my best 

When I inatialy drive the car up the road straight away even coming down my road which is a steep hill I could tell things were different 

I could tell straight away the box wasn't rocking about when going on and off the clutch .

Then I did a pull up to about 5rpm at which I noticed what I'll call a difrent sensation through the butt cheeks! Not a horrible noise or vibration just a difrent sensation almost like a more connected to the car sensation 

After 5k to recline just a nice clean gearchange and more instant feeling between pressing the pedal to something happening ...like I wasn't waiting for that split second for things to load up dose that make any sense? 

Within 5 mile the sensation  became almost the new norm and I believe i wont even think about it going forward.

I've herd of stories of mounts vibrating and resonating through the car 

This dosnt do that 

@350Butcher recommended this to me and said it wouldn't and he's right 

Take his advise guys he knows his stuff.

I hope that kind of makes some sense mate ?

( disclaimer I have a very noisy supercharger and blow off valve so this may hide a noise if you were stock :lol:however there's certainly no excess horrible vibrations)

Edited by nissanman312

Another busy day on the car yesterday 

I 're bushed the kinetix camber kit on the car as I felt I was possibly getting some toe change over bumps as the rear felt like it was having a bit of a wiggle over certain surfaces 

I don't know if it's a characteristic of the quafie diff

But I thought I'd give the bushes a refresh anyway 

They were not destroyed but they had seen better days 

The car feel a bit tighter now so the smashed knuckles were worth it :lol:

I'll have them off again and give them a rub down and a paint up but I didn't have time on this visit 

But the all looked in good order in terms on strength no cracked welds or anything 

Which was a concern as they are not the best arms but id need to 're mortgage for spl so hey ho

IMG-20200407-WA0007.jpeg

20200407_144249.jpg

IMG-20200407-WA0013.jpeg

IMG-20200407-WA0011.jpeg

20200407_144244.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

Sickens me how all these expensive suspension parts will corrode like that due to our salty roads :(

Although touch wood my Voodoo 13 traction, toe and camber arms seem to be holding up very well apart from the heim joints which are covered in surface rust.

18 hours ago, msitpro said:

Sickens me how all these expensive suspension parts will corrode like that due to our salty roads :(

Although touch wood my Voodoo 13 traction, toe and camber arms seem to be holding up very well apart from the heim joints which are covered in surface rust.

I know yeah 

These are 3 years old 

Not that expensive but puts you off putting nice expensive rose joints everywhere they would be wrecked in no time 

• 2 weeks later...

A few more running repairs/tidy up done last week in the sun 

The front lip and bumper got a real beating in Europe last September as you can imagine after 3000 spirited miles :lol:

So it was time for a tidy up 

Also the new pagid one discs turned up 

My god these things are heavy 

A nice 2 piece set up is in order during better times I think 

These with the pfc z rated pads will have to do for now 

IMG-20200416-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20200420-WA0004.jpeg

20200416_154829.jpg

20200416_184644.jpg

20200416_184625.jpg

20200416_143745.jpg

IMG-20200420-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20200420-WA0000.jpeg

20200416_174027.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

New discs and pads on the front 

Pagid oem replacement discs and PFC z rated pads 

Realy pull up well now 

I wasn't to keen on the hawk pads and my discs had seen better days.

20200428_162154.jpg

20200502_175122.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1