Take 2 let's try again :)

So back from nearly 3000 mile trip around Europe and the car performed almost faultless....until the suspected slave cylinder failure 

Managed to limp home topping up the clutch fluid up all the way from the south of france 

The challenge became surprisingly fun:lol:

So next up on the mods list updated clutch and slave system 

But not just yet cars sorn now while I concentrate on a house purchase 

Roll on spring 

Anyways hes some pictures and a couple of vids 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q****8PZZ8EG1SzF6

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Pleased you got her home safe pal!! You becoming quite the European road trip guru now :thumbs: mega pictures pal too.

Cheers mate 

Yeah been 5 years on the trot now 

I love it out there just miles and miles of epic roads with no traffic whats not to like :thumbs:

2 hours ago, andy james said:

Great pics mate!

We have just got back from a trip to Como. You don’t appreciate how dreadful our roads are until you get through the tunnel.

Planning the next one heading east! 

If it wasnt for these trips I dont think I would keep a fun car to be fair andy! Well not a road car anyway 

Love it out there cant wait to go back already 

Let me know if you want copies of routes etc always helps when it's been pre run :thumbs:

1 hour ago, nissanman312 said:

If it wasnt for these trips I dont think I would keep a fun car to be fair andy! Well not a road car anyway 

Love it out there cant wait to go back already 

Let me know if you want copies of routes etc always helps when it's been pre run :thumbs:

Cheers buddy. 

• 1 month later...

So since the euro trip the car hasn't moved 

And I'm seriously considering breaking it as i fancy a nismo 

Dose anyone know if my kwv3 would be compatible with a nismo as I love the way the car handles with these on and would like to transfer all my mods over to the nismo :teeth:

32 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Dose anyone know if my kwv3 would be compatible with a nismo as I love the way the car handles with these on and would like to transfer all my mods over to the nismo :teeth:

You will miss the power buddy

21 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Yes, it will.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much happend on the car still although i have some plans for new year

The nismo is on  the back burner for a little while but 

My supercharger kit may be up for grabs for the right price  as I'm going to be testing a new kit that might be available to you guys once I'm happy with it :yahoo:

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Droped the car in with craig at DynoTorque yesterday hes fitting me a extreme stage 1 clutch and flywheel kit and some braided hoses on the brakes 

Also fitting some fancy heat shielding around the transmission tunnel to keep the heat down in the cabin in summer 

I was reluctant to splash the cash so close to Christmas but need the car on the road to demo the new supercharger set up 

Which will be available to you guys once I'm happy it is as good as its supposed to be ...keep your eyes peeled over winter for updates  :yahoo:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Massive thanks to @350Butcher who helped me bleed out my clutch and brakes today 

I wasnt happy with the way the clutch felt after fitting and martin has the same clutch and knows his way around the tools extremely we all know 

So we got a bit more feel in the clutch and bled the brakes while we was at it 

The clutch felt loads better after bleeding but still felt notchy while going for 5/6

So after reading a thred on here about a similar problem i decided to try what it suggested.

so I dived into the gear stick area and to check to see if the gate was restricting things and I think it was a tad 

So I loosened the bolts around the gate and dropped it into 6th and tightened the bottom bolt the put it into 5th and did the same 

Its spot on now slips into gear lovely 

Massive thanks to @350Butcher and a big thanks to @coldel because I think it was your thred I found :thumbs:

Oh and martain got to have a good old blast in the charged z which he seemed to enjoy :lol:

20200104_145036.jpg.7001d74d7c6ebc5db88abf501c7ff2a4.jpg

20200104_151818.jpg

20200104_145030.jpg

20200104_151814.jpg

20200104_145552.jpg

20200104_151622.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

The local Z legend strikes again :thumbs:

You'd this after the same issue noted on the Z33 that the Z34 would have ironed that out, tut tut.

He sure did 

I think it's possible that it came off during clutch installation 

But I literally moved it 3/4 mm not much but makes all the difference :thumbs:

Car needs a @davey_83 spit and polish soon lol

• Haha 1

On 04/01/2020 at 20:33, nissanman312 said:

Massive thanks to @350Butcher who helped me bleed out my clutch and brakes today 

Oh and Martin got to have a good old blast in the charged z which he seemed to enjoy :lol:

No problem, happy to help!!    

Yeah was great to be out in a Z again, especially one with a bit of boost!   I really did enjoy it and I only tickled the surface..........really liked that it goes about its business like a normal 370z just with afterburners when you touch the throttle!!  Appreciated you letting me have such a decent drive of it.

Catch up soon mate

2 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

No problem, happy to help!!    

Yeah was great to be out in a Z again, especially one with a bit of boost!   I really did enjoy it and I only tickled the surface..........really liked that it goes about its business like a normal 370z just with afterburners when you touch the throttle!!  Appreciated you letting me have such a decent drive of it.

Catch up soon mate

Ha ha anytime mate 

We'll get it on a track day and let you realy let it go 

And show me a few track tips :drive1

19 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Ha ha anytime mate

Last time someone said that to me was when I put their 400hp '86 Moonstone Blue Sierra Cosworth back on the road.............they didn't see their car for a month!!...........and I took it round Goodwood circuit too! (owner booked it) What a great car!!

19 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

We'll get it on a track day and let you really let it go 

And show me a few track tips :drive1

Sounds good mate! Need a good Hp circuit like Donny or Silverstone to let it stretch its legs!!..................get them PFC pads in though matey, we'll need to stop too!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 350Butcher said:

Last time someone said that to me was when I put their 400hp '86 Moonstone Blue Sierra Cosworth back on the road.............they didn't see their car for a month!!...........and I took it round Goodwood circuit too! (owner booked it) What a great car!!

Sounds good mate! Need a good Hp circuit like Donny or Silverstone to let it stretch its legs!!..................get them PFC pads in though matey, we'll need to stop too!!

Lol

I'm on it 

• 1 month later...