Take 2 let's try again :)

I bought the old girl a new present today to.

Looking forward to getting it on and seeing how it sounds ....I was about to get the invidia chopped and a couple of extra silencers put in and then this popped up so thought I'd give it a go

So either this or the invidia gemini will be for sale soon :lol:

20190101_220559.jpg

• Like 3

I fitted the injen today to give it a try and I don't think it's for me .

It's a much deeper sounding exhaust with a nice refined tone 

But it booms in the cabin a lot with the de cats which I think are my issue now after trying a couple of different set ups but both with de cats 

I'm a bit of a loss now on which way to go I think I'd  like to try a set of hfcs or art pipes with both pipes before I sell one or the other but all this trying different set ups gets expensive :doh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattross1313 said:

Must agree with martin. Stock cats + ARK is a superb combination :)

I'm sure it is dude I think the injen with stock cats would be but it's a bit loud when decated 

I'm reluctantly going to try a set of cobra hfc I think 

1 minute ago, Jack94 said:

Only trouble with stock cats is they're very restrictive, so going back from decats I think you'd notice a loss in power. Gotta be worth trying a set of HFCs first! 

Yeah I think so mate 

I've read a lot about stock cats and some de cats melting with the heat with the supercharger exhaust gas temps so that puts me off stock cats 

I think a set of hfcs might just sort it :thumbs:

12 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

Only trouble with stock cats is they're very restrictive, so going back from decats I think you'd notice a loss in power. Gotta be worth trying a set of HFCs first! 

that is the thing some of these guys miss when they glorify their exhausts setups (I do like the looks of an Ark exhaust but just because 'you' have it it doesn't mean is the best on 'all levels')...you running an SC zed so you would want the decats.

I had an Injen before with cats on and it sounded lovely but changed it for a Motordyne shockwave and art pipes and it is damn good,would definitely recommend and not just because I have it but because I had a few different setups with my first and current zed and this is by far the best ;)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 27/05/2018 at 21:33, nissanman312 said:

Made a little more progress today on getting the box to contain the swirl pot fixed in!

Still lots of little bits  to do before I'm happy with it.

The filter needs to be mounted outside I was just put there while I tested it and the wiring needs tidying up 

But getting there slowly 

IMG-20180527-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20180527-WA0023.jpeg

IMG-20180527-WA0021.jpeg

So after trying a few different things to cure the fuel starvation on hard cornering wanted to get all fuel back in the tank.

so I've removed the external pot and dropped a pump in other side of the tank with it's own power supply to feed the stock bucket when fuel drops below half a tank.

When crusing it's not an issue so fitted it's own switch it's when things get twisty it slops away into the other saddle so I've put a very low presure low flow pump in the other saddle and it works spot on.

Protec are working on some in tank kits and there having mine in to develop the kit on so this is a temporary measure but works great so far.

New pads and exhaust work next 

20190310_120210.jpg

20190310_114745.jpg

20190310_114743.jpg

IMG-20190310-WA0010.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So the missus went out and left me to work on the house ....so that's right I worked on the car :lol:

Oil changed in supercharger and engine.

polished my roll bar :lol: and fitted front pads .

then a good clean ready for the Midlands meet tomorrow 

20190413_133245.jpg

20190413_133452.jpg

20190413_133229.jpg

20190413_131009.jpg

20190413_133321.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Roll out the marching band the drone is dead finally!

I had dyno torque the chaps who build driftworks cars weld me some silencers into the back end of the invidia and its spot on now even with de cats 

They have totally killed the drone around 2/3000rpm and knocked all the rasp out of the system since fitting de cats.

I sounds less race car now tho which I'm kind of sad about but I think it will so much easier to live with on a whole.

Screenshot_20190716-190703_Gallery.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Very nice use of your surroundings chap!!! Looks real tidy and works well, I can see side steps next?...........

Ha ha yeah really need to finish that drive off :lol:

But worked well for fitting that 

Not sure I really dig the side steps 

Just going to go small steps and see what works I'm not to big on visual upgrades as you know but the old man grey is just a bit to meh 

• Like 1