Take 2 let's try again :)

• 1 month later...

So this has been quiet lately..mainly because I have been having diff issues 

So after Millbrook training day with a noisy diff (which didn't spoil the day) 

I got the car up on the ramp and stripped the diff down 

After a couple of messages with z man Alex i happened to mention that I had the whitline bushings fitted!

It was at this point Alex asked me which way around I had the bushes on the ears of the diff because the whitline fitting instructions are wrong.

So if you are reading this and are planning to fit the whitline diff bushing please just look closely at the height of the stock bush and you will see the thick bush must go on top and not thin on top as whitline say.

I don't know why they have changed the paperwork but this will cause your prop and pinion to be runing out of line ...in my case over 10.000 miles this wore my crown wheel and pinion excessively untill they were buggerd.

Anyway after a very long frustrating and expensive journey my diff is fixed and quiet again 

Thank you z man Alex  for the information 

And please whitline change those bloody instructions 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, teejay said:

is there a claim in the near future :rtfm:

Naa not from me I can't even be bothered! But would hate to see someone else have this issue 

I was lucky I had a spare diff 

I imagine if you had to buy a new crown wheel and pinion it would be very costly 

Glad you got this sorted mate, it sounded like it was ticking you off a bit when we were chatting on the CAT day. 

Have you managed to make any of the changes you talked about on the day, like the ARBs? Has it helped?

Hi Stu 

Yes while on the ramp I managed to set the rear bar to full soft and soften the kw off a touch 

I havnt had chance to really find how it behaves at grip limit yet I need a wet day and a big area with nothing to hit lol

But certainly the dry grip is there in plenty of it :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

20171006_200237.thumb.jpg.98b442e1e3c800c48a8b63be7ae772b1.jpgSo no new mods to report 

But I did get some of the latest greatest tyres today mps4s 

I went with 255/35/19 fronts and 285/35/19 rears as advised by dan to get near to stock tolerance and be able to run the ps4s 

From all the reviews I have  watched/read mpss Is close to mps4 on dry grip but leagues apart when it comes to wet grip! So that sealed the deal for me 

20171006_200347.jpg

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Screenshot_20171206-212923.thumb.png.9ccb5a5c11a2b14e83193406d02c2824.pngVery little happend lately only a oil change and presure sensor fitted with this I have a few winter mods planed however above the filter set up im going for 

1. new filter set up the filter slapped on the blower was never to be permanent so I have this to go in with a little jigery pokery 

2. will be the fast intentions crash bar 

3. Will be the cjm road race pump as I'm sick of not being able to do a lap of a island at speed or a tight right without fuel cut 

That's all for nowIMG-20180108-WA0014.thumb.jpeg.7325fa05f605baead05389a84b766e58.jpeg

20180108_224437.jpg

Edited by nissanman312

• 2 months later...

20180331_174307.jpg

So finally got rid off the crappy little filter on front of the blower and got a proper 3 inch intake with a decent filter on that can be cleaned  by poping out the arch liner and not removing the supercharger

Couple more bits to sort and then back to Ian at litchfeild for a bit of mapping/maintaince 

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

20180507_123003.jpg

20180507_125553.jpg

20180507_143220.jpg

Took the wheel off to check the pads and got carried away 

Winter made a right mess under there so had a bit of a clean up and greased up the bushes and coilover threds etc 

It needs another visit but will do for now 

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, its been a @*!# winter, I was cleaning up hubs yesterday and painting them, by the way, what type of jack are you using as on my last wheel my scissor jack at the front passenger side decided to collapse, and now it won't jack up my 370z, glad I done it as today it's raining here in Scotland  :dry:

9 hours ago, nissanjuke said:

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, its been a @*!# winter, I was cleaning up hubs yesterday and painting them, by the way, what type of jack are you using as on my last wheel my scissor jack at the front passenger side decided to collapse, and now it won't jack up my 370z, glad I done it as today it's raining here in Scotland  :dry:

Just a 2 tonne trolley jack I have to park on wood to get it under tho :lol: