Take 2 let's try again :)

That alignment looks spectacular. Remember having it done on the Honda, was so nice to just point it in a direction and it didnt deviate.

Can only imagine how good it must feel in something as big a Z. Love it when a garage lets you hang around to learn as well, those are the best

Yeah the car feels lovely now

Of to Europe next week for a few days to check out some hotels for our yearly run so hopefully it will come in to it own out there :)

Aghh dam it bad news today this stated. :(

I think it may well be a failed bearing somewhere either in one of the pulleys or the charger itself..right as I'm about to leave for Europe aswell. :(

Oh well could be worse could of been the June trip

I'll get it off and refurbished if it's the charger

Edited by nissanman312

Bummer :(

Dominic replaced the top pulley on Reggie , dunno if its worth getting him to check out the video and see it it sounds the same , failing that a long screwdriver used as a stethoscope should help you confirm the culprit

Yeah good idea rich

Yeah I've done that with a stethoscope problem is the noise seems to bounce around a bit

Bennett says he's had the jack shaft bearing go bad before

It's strange as it intermittent and not in sync with the speed of the charger and only on idle

Process of elimination time I think before sending the blower off for a rebuild

Bummer reading this Nic. :surrender:

Not long till June now either so hopefully you get it sorted sooner rather than later. Good luck. :thumbs:

Me to otherwise I'll have to ride shotgun

Could be worse tho seats to chose from are a 911 mp412c or a lotus exige 350 :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So a update on this thred and Im starting to think I've been bad in a previous life :(

So the supercharger was sent away to vortech...they were fantastic and turned the unit round super quick bearings and seal service and all is well again with the charger.

Great I thought I'm ready for Europe ....how wrong was i after spending a day in the car yesterday I was about to head home when I started geting a horrible whine from the drivetrain..just shoot me now lol

Its the kind of noise you get from a very noisy diff in a proper race car

It doesn't build in noise or speed with gear changes it's in time with wheel speed so I'm praying it's a diff problem and not the gearbox.

I have the stock diff that came off the car so tomorrow night will spend the evening in rsv swapping the quaife diff out for the stock one and then go and drive it and see if I still have the noise

I very much doubt that the quaife has broken under the power so I'm praying for failed bearings and not a gearbox rebuild ..it looks like I still not make the trip in the z just yet ..give me strength lol

What a bummer Nic.

Try not to give up as these things happen sometimes unfortunately, ...feels cruel and unfair considering I'm sure though. :byebye:

Got my fingers and toes crossed for you. :thumbs:

Cheers mate

Yeah it's more disappointing than anything

I just want to get out and drive this year and things keep getting in the way

Have to just keep telling myself it's all just moving parts that can be repaired

• Like 1

So a update on this thred and Im starting to think I've been bad in a previous life :(

So the supercharger was sent away to vortech...they were fantastic and turned the unit round super quick bearings and seal service and all is well again with the charger.

Great I thought I'm ready for Europe ....how wrong was i after spending a day in the car yesterday I was about to head home when I started geting a horrible whine from the drivetrain..just shoot me now lol

Its the kind of noise you get from a very noisy diff in a proper race car

It doesn't build in noise or speed with gear changes it's in time with wheel speed so I'm praying it's a diff problem and not the gearbox.

I have the stock diff that came off the car so tomorrow night will spend the evening in rsv swapping the quaife diff out for the stock one and then go and drive it and see if I still have the noise

I very much doubt that the quaife has broken under the power so I'm praying for failed bearings and not a gearbox rebuild ..it looks like I still not make the trip in the z just yet ..give me strength lol

Does the noise go away once you get up into the upper gears?

I've just changed the oil in my Kazz and it's so much better with regards to the clunking but it's stil a Land Rover under load in 2nd and 3rd at low revs.

No mate That's where it's worse say 40 mph in 5the breathe on the throttle and it whines like a pig...the quaife is usually silent.well as quiet as stock anyway

Pulling a long night shift on the ramp tomorrow night so I'll report back

Bad news but it's good aswell...it's the diff bearings swaped the diff over to the viscous tonight and problem sorted.

So I'm happy it's not my gearbox ..I'll get the diff striped down ams built back up then pop it back in :)

• Like 1

Surprised the bearings have failed so quickly , did you use genuine ?

Cheers guys

Just waiting to hear from my guy stripping it to see what's failed I hope it is just bearings and not the quaife ...I'm sure it is

Edited by nissanman312

OK it European trip time unfortunately the diff won't be back on in time but at least the cars running ok..fingers crossed it stays that way :)

So here's a little pull with the refreshed blower on

Couple of clips of the invidia aswell

Edited by nissanman312

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm back from European trip and it was a great trip ....apart from losing my undertray on the side of the motorway after my pal decided to race a rs3 in the group lol

Anyway that was a minor issue apart from that the car was pretty much faultles 

One thing I can't wait to get rid of is the potenzas I hate them once they got the heat in them they were just sliding giving me no turn in ...not help by the fact I was back on the stock diff. 

The quaife is back next week. :)

Once I dropped some presure out of the tyres they were a tad better but still no michelins.

Anyway here's some pictures 

Couple of pictures from spa aswell at the end of the trip 

With a star aperance from bennet :)

FB_IMG_1499078541249.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078524255.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078529128.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078508359.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078487672.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078478745.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078472334.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078459884.jpg

FB_IMG_1499078469205.jpg