Take 2 let's try again :)

Just had my insurance renewal come threw it's urmmm yeah!!!

Trying to do a bit of shopping around

Adrian flux don't seem to be able to quote me either because of my mods or my claim and wanting to be able to do the odd track day.

Frustrating to say the least going to try a few others

Adrian flux don't seem to be able to quote me either because of my mods or my claim and wanting to be able to do the odd track day.

Hi,

I'm surprised we couldn't help out with your insurance. I guess the main issue might have been that we can only offer a standalone track day policy at present and not an insurance policy that offers a certain amount of track days included in the premium.

Thanks for trying us anyway.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi,

I'm surprised we couldn't help out with your insurance. I guess the main issue might have been that we can only offer a standalone track day policy at present and not an insurance policy that offers a certain amount of track days included in the premium.

Thanks for trying us anyway.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi dan thanks for your feedback

I'll try you next year :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Josh

Bolted the quaife back up today so going to get out over next few weeks and explore the difference

Also track day comming up so hopefully be able to see some difference on track

Defently missing the power tho

So I'll get my new house in a few weeks then save hard who knows we might have a bit more go in the new year :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Been a little slow on this just lately while I've been deciding where to go with the car mods wise

Initially I wasn't loving driving the stock car! but its all starting to fall into place now! The car feels great with the mods so far

So to date the mod list stands at

New Kw v3 coilovers

Kinetix front rear camber kit

Ebaich front and rear anti roll bars

Quaife atb diff (which I love now I've had chance to get used to it lol)

The car feels very positive on the twisty roads now and corners lovely and flat

So what's next??

I'm going fi again for sure already spoke to Litchfield regards mapping the car for me :)

But I've been at this stage before and feel it needs to go a bit further make this one a bit more unique

So I've just had a chat with the guys at rsv and decided it's time to go big or go home! so there's going to be some cosmetic changes over the winter and a wheel change

I'm loving the car again

And this one is staying below 3thousand rpm in the wet lol

• Like 1

Please tell me you bought that awesome twin turbo kit off Adrian, ....that would be awesome to see that on your Zed. B)

Good luck with your plans and look forward to reading how it all goes. :thumbs:

No mate supercharger

I think tourqe of a tt is pushing your luck on stock engine

Also imagine it could be a handful getting that power down

No mate supercharger

I think tourqe of a tt is pushing your luck on stock engine

Also imagine it could be a handful getting that power down

Still going to be epic though but you already know that. B) Good luck Nic & keep us updated with your plans when you can. :);)

• 2 months later...

Evening i thought i better update my thred

Welllll not much to tell the car has barley moved over the last few months and is being sorn at the end of november

I dont tend to take my car off the road in winter but this winter is a little different :D

I have been slowly gathering parts to go on the car! so far the car has had

KW V3 coilovers

eibach anti roll bars

kinetix combo camber kit

quaife diff whiteline diff bushing kit

invidia gemini exhaust

so with these parts installed the car feels great! but i missed the power of my last z and having learned a very quick lesson of respect! i feel its time to go back to what i never intended on getting rid of.

Only this time im hopping for a bit better set up

so soon the car will be getting the supercharger fitted once more along with some nice supporting mods

so

ID 1000cc injectors

cjm fuel return kit ( didnt fit this last time and had terrible fuel surge on track)

and the bit i am most looking forward to topgunz air to air set up for the stillen kit ( http://www.the370z.c...ir-upgrade.html )

The car will be tuned by litchfeild again using the EcuTek race rom software allowing for management over the set up with closed loop and speed density etc hopefully see close to 500 bhp crank and a bit better tourqe been reported in us from the air to air kit as it less restrictive and intake temps are down on the water to air set up

but as long as the car has a nice tune ill be happy

I am really looking forward to being a little more involved in this one and having something to tinker with over winter :cold:

roll on 2017

ill hopefully keep you guys updated with lots of pictures over the winter months

ciao for now :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 2

..... Nice ! Air to air ... The way forward that's for sure :)

Let's hope so dude

Start fitting in a few weeks can't wait

Although the job keeps getting bigger I'm going all in on this one doing oil gallery gaskets aswell while the front is stripped down

No sitting in front of the fire for me this Christmas lol

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So a few more bits arived this week and I'm ready to get going and the install.

Lots of stuff came including some fresh supercharger belts new tial qrj bov needed as it flows so much more air than the turbosmart on the air to air set up.

I thought as there has been so much talk of the oil gallery gaskets and it's somthing that played on my mind with the last car I would just do them as the car is going to be half way stripped down

So I orderd the kit from z1 in the US it was 112 usd and contains Everthing needed to strip down and replace the old gaskets and those disturbed in the process.

All the parts in the kit are genuine oem gaskets but obviously uprated from the paper gaskets

20161202_161644_zps8yohybl1.jpg

So keep your eyes peeled over Christmas lots of pictures to keep you entertained in the cold months

I will try and do a detailed diy of the gallery gasket change aswell if I get time

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3