Stability control in some corners?

shad0wca7

Sometimes even at reasonable speeds the rear wheel can hit a bump/pothole and skip, therefore spinning a little quicker than the front, enabling the TCS to kick in. Another option is the rear tyre - front tyre tread depth, if the rears are near worn out and the fronts are new, this can unsettle it also.

It's useful for those unexpected scary moments. Keep mine on if very wet / motorway etc.

Mostly keep it turned off now; don't like trying to join a busy roundabout when a little slip occurs due to slightly dirty off line / tight junction / camber etc - a few degrees opposite lock and the rewarding sensation of a small slip angle rather than, oh I've had all my power cut and now I'm a sitting duck!

I would say this is definitely mixed tyres! My zed when i bought it had toyo proxies on the front and Eagle f1s on the back and used to come on all the time under all sorts of cornering. When i changed to MPSS all round i never had it again.

• Like 2

Ah I see. Well I'll swap the fronts to F1s as soon as I can..

I believe its to do with the different grip levels front to back that makes the traction control think the car is going to spin when it isn't really. You could probably get away with mixing tyres if the grip levels are similar

You could probably get away with mixing tyres if the grip levels are similar

Precisely, its just one end losing traction before the other .......... exactly the same as if you were running 4 tyres that were the same all round, if they were 4 Fullrun Nogrips it would be happening a lot sooner than with F1's on the back and Proxes on the front as well.

The TC doesnt do anything until a wheel starts slipping, and that is specific to the single wheel or tyre, not the combination of 4 tyres.