Machine polishing pads and sauce

350Chris

I am biting the bullet and stepping my detailing kit up a notch with a DAS 6 Pro DA.

There are options a plenty for pads and pad sauce - are there any go to's that people would recommend?

I am leaning towards this bundle - with some additional 75mm or 100mm pads (and backing plate)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-lake-country-hydro-tech-and-menzerna-kit/prod_842.html

I have a scrap panel for testing before I move onto my 350 and my OH's Black TTS - both are in reasonable condition and only needing light swirl corrections

Those two paints could not be more different :lol: the Z will be super soft and the Audi will be the complete opposite so you'll need a fair range of pads and compounds. That kit you have linked to will suffice but in my opinion Scholl compounds are better.

Sauce - Scholl compounds - S20 Blue and S30+ for a Zed and S3 for the Audi (S20 will most likely do the Audi too).

Pads - Lake Country Hydrotech. All three colours, crimson and tangerine for the Z, cyan and Crimson for the Audi.

Guest marcw79

Yeah did an Audi myself recently with DA ... Paint was tough to correct ... Had to step up to 3m ultra cut and Microfibre closed cell cutting pad / blue hydrotech for cutting ... Came out eventually but was flipping hard work ... Scholl products are excellent though ...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Slims detailing have just launched their own branded DA polisher bundle. Really good vfm

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/slim-s-detailing-600w-dual-action-machine-polisher-das-6.html#.VzYUhO-frwc.mailto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just the bog standard DAS6, nit the Pro that the OP was looking at. Those machines are quite different from one another.

Also, am I missing something but that's just the machine rather than a bundle?

It's not the DAS6. It's the Duren machine. Very similar though. It is just the machine,2 backing plate and 6 pads and a bag to stick it all in.

If you look below on the page there are some bundles one with auto finesse stuff and one with a megs 105/205 combo and some microfibre pads

It's not the DAS6. It's the Duren machine. Very similar though. It is just the machine,2 backing plate and 6 pads and a bag to stick it all in.

If you look below on the page there are some bundles one with auto finesse stuff and one with a megs 105/205 combo and some microfibre pads

That's not what your link is taking me to, it's taking me to the Slim's branded Das-6. No pads, no bag. My point was though that the OP is eying up the Pro, which is quite different to both the basic Das or the Duren.

Didn't notice the rolling suggestions at the bottom though, so I've spotted the bundles. They don't appear to do a bundle that's suitable for both Nissan and Audi paint either as far as I could see. The closest so far to that would be the OPs original link despite me preferring Scholl polishes, but as mentioned by some one else (something I forgot to mention) is to add in some spot pads as you'll definitely be wanting those for the Z at least.

Quite agree with your comments. it's not perfect, but it's adequate for a hobbyist.(like me) and finding something that would be fine on the Nissan and the Audi would be a challenge.

All I was getting at was you could go entry level for a bit less than the DAS6 pro

Absolutely, I get your point. The cheaper DA machines are perfectly adequate for the soft Nissan paint.

The Audi is the problem with that though. :lol: it'll be hard work with the less powerful machines.

.......like an angle grinder!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions gents - I will give the Scholl sauces some reading. I am prepared for the Audi and the Nissan to be vastly different. The Audi is relatively new - so it needs looking after more than allot of correction but there are some light swirls from some sponge love in the past

Will get my order built and post back with progress