plenum spacer

mattyp01

Hey guys I have just purchased a zed but not sure if it has the uprev or un upgraded plenum spacer fiited at some point.

I have just put a full de-cat system on plus a pop charger.

My engine management light is now on.

Will need the uprev I think. Can u tell by looking if the plenum spacer has been upgraded?

Thanks Matt

Hey guys I have just purchased a zed but not sure if it has the uprev or un upgraded plenum spacer fiited at some point.

I have just put a full de-cat system on plus a pop charger.

My engine management light is now on.

Will need the uprev I think. Can u tell by looking if the plenum spacer has been upgraded?

Thanks Matt

Hello Matt, you should be able to spot if your Zed has a plenum spacer or not yes. Here's a picture below of what my DE Zeds plenum looked like after I had the Horsham Developments plenum spacer fitted....

46_zpsfac9f2bd.jpg

As you can see you can easily spot the spacer (and its orange gasket) sandwiched between the plenum top & bottom halves. ;)

Other plenum spacers may look different (be different colours or slightly thicker) but they all do the same job. :thumbs:

Did u find it made a difference to the car once fitted?

I can't say for certain as it was fitted at the same time as I had my car remapped (UpRev) by Horsham. The car also had other mods at the time so although I did make good power I can't necessarily attribute it to one particular upgrade part. ;)

Ok Rich thanks will be in touch soon for Up-rev

mine hasn't go the plenum spacer upgrade I had a quick look earlier

If you're getting the UpRev done at Horsham I'd highly recommend you buy one of their plenum spacers & get it fitted at the same time. B)

It's what I did when I had my Zed remapped for the first time by them. Makes so much more sense to get all your mods done before having the UpRev done otherwise you'll end up having to fork out more money for extra dyno time later re-tuning it to suit later additional mods. ;)

ok mate thanks. booked in for uprev and one of there plenum spacers. cant wait now to get her all tuned up :)

Hopefully will really feel the difference after the upev .

My engine management light is on at the moment. Do u know roughly what power I'm running?

Edited by mattyp01