Wheel Refurbish and Colour Change

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

I'm in the process of shopping around for prices for getting my GT4 alloys refurbed and I want to do a colour change also.

I'm looking at getting the wheels painted black, however, the big question is, gloss or matt. Your opinions?

Thanks.

I had my wheels done recently in black chrome, its a black base coat and a chrome top coat, changes colour in the light, under bright light it can look grey to silver, chromey, in other lights black, or anthracite in lower light.

where are you located? I had them done at Aerocoat

http://www.aerocoat.co.uk/

great service and very pleased, but they may not be local

8fafd1d6359a5a47ccd62aaec46dfd80.jpg

Here's a pic of my zed with lmgt4's which I painted satin black.

Btw the car is actually very much orange, just the pearl in the sun plus @*!# camera turns it very much yellow. Thought u might appreciate an idea tho.

I'm a spray painter and paint gloss black wheels on a regular basis and iv just never been a fan tbh, I feel they just clash with Matt tires no matter how much tire shine you use.

And Matt turns them an unwashed grey look. Just my opinion tho.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Having had satin black on my 350z I wouldn't go back to black wheels at all they make the wheels look smaller and the wheel arches become just black holes where the wheels should be. you lose definition and feature of the wheels. the darkest I would now go is anthracite. or as I did black chrome.

Having had satin black on my 350z I wouldn't go back to black wheels at all they make the wheels look smaller and the wheel arches become just black holes where the wheels should be. you lose definition and feature of the wheels. the darkest I would now go is anthracite. or as I did black chrome.

I agree. I think you lose the the definition of the wheels and the pattern when you go black. I had a white R33 Skyline and painted the wheels red. Looked fantastic :)