Twin Turbo or Single??

Zedrush

The UTEC EMS is well capable of handling the PE-TT. Sure you can pick up a UTEC with MAP sensor and map switch for around £700. RJN are familiar with UTEC and should be able to tune for you in 5-6 hours. can't see the cost being more than £1700 all in. I assume for the envy price, they install the TURBO kit, which then means you need to get the car to RJN for the tune on a low-loader or something

5800 then 1700 :dry: how about just get a UTEC on my car as it stands now, with nismo exhaust plenum cat and pop charger, surely that must get me to 320 alone?

Surley wouldnt be as high as 320?

I've heard numbers being bounded around of ~50BHP for UTECH, plenum spacer, cats and exhaust, so its not far off.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not going down turbo route I would not bother with new mapable ECU, not £1500 plus cost. I would rather spend money on lightening the car e.g approx (£400) on carbon fibre rear hatch; bonet; wings maybe.

In fact it may be a bad idea & look again at supercharging instead, would only need to retard ignition, if that. Or maybe a 50 bhp (or max 75 bhp) shot of NOS.

If not going down turbo route I would not bother with new mapable ECU, not £1500 plus cost. I would rather spend money on lightening the car e.g approx (£400) on carbon fibre rear hatch; bonet; wings maybe.

In fact it may be a bad idea & look again at supercharging instead, would only need to retard ignition, if that. Or maybe a 50 bhp (or max 75 bhp) shot of NOS.

Ahhhhh... yes forgot... good old NOS may be the answer... 50bhp shot or 75bhp shot with controller :teeth:

Carbon fiber bonnet is not lighter than OEM one. (I don't know anymore who on this forum had one)

I think Big Phil has one Y maybe Envy, in fact Jay havent u got one already?

The Carbon fibre rear hatch must be lighter I imagine as I recentlt fitted new struts & when I removed old struts I reckon the hatch probably weighed about 40kg or more!!

There are problems so i heard with the seibon carbon boot, fitment isnt exactly spot on and a glass will need to be fitted, but isnt supported to well.

Now lets get back to nos :teeth:

Just want to say big thanks to Big Phil, given me advice of what I need to:

He can get turbo installed for me,

Then trailer car down to Thor racing to have Utec chip installed and tuned as they are the major utec tuners in the UK.

Thankss Phil looks like the option is possible again :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Then trailer car down to Thor racing to have Utec chip installed and tuned as they are the major utec tuners in the UK.

Thankss Phil looks like the option is possible again :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Phil: you may want to put a disclaimer in here before Jay destroys his Zed stating its not your fault :p:thumbs:

Guest prescience

Good result :thumbs: Not heard of Thor doing UTEC before, but it's good to know they have :thumbs:

What gauges you going for, I'd say

Essential:

AFR, Boost, Fuel Pressure :D

Guest prescience
Not heard of Thor doing UTEC before, but it's good to know they have :thumbs:

IIRC they are the official UK tuner for UTEC :)

Couldn't find it mentioned on their website :)

Scrub that, it is there :blush:

Anyone, on here had a Z-UTEC done with Thor?

Not heard of Thor doing UTEC before, but it's good to know they have :thumbs:

IIRC they are the official UK tuner for UTEC :)

Couldn't find it mentioned on their website :)

Scrub that, it is there :blush:

Anyone, on here had a Z-UTEC done with Thor?

My bad, they are a distributor. A certain Removed looked into using them and they seemed legit :thumbs:

EDIT: Thought I had read that, but couldnt find it, only posts from the Removed about using them

Guest prescience

I'm not down on them at all :teeth:

It's just they seem to be very well accustomed to Supras and Skylines rather than Zs. Same situation as Abbey and when I went there, they frankly didn't have much of a clue at that time about the Z (other than HKS) - I was educating them on the Vortech SplitSec EMS (with lots of help from SplitSec themselves). So, some testimonials for Zs would be helpful (if it were me) :teeth:

Having said all that, the UTEC doesn't 'appear' to be all that hard to tune :thumbs: although I have no personal experience either way

I'm not down on them at all :teeth:

It's just they seem to be very well accustomed to Supras and Skylines rather than Zs. Same situation as Abbey and when I went there, they frankly didn't have much of a clue at that time about the Z (other than HKS) - I was educating them on the Vortech SplitSec EMS (with lots of help from SplitSec themselves). So, some testimonials for Zs would be helpful (if it were me) :teeth:

Having said all that, the UTEC doesn't 'appear' to be all that hard to tune :thumbs: although I have no personal experience either way

Big Phil said they have done Z before with great results :thumbs::thumbs:

as for gauges, I am considering the prettiest ones possible :lol:;)

:wacko: Im confused now, guess thats why so many people opt for keeping it oem less hassel..

How about you have all the usual mods, i.e nismo exhaust, high flow cats, plenum spacer, induction kit, and perhaps headers hks,

with an Fcon IS surely there would be some gains there, perhaps bringing the engine to a respectable 320-330 bhp???

I know an owner who is getting 330ish from a mapped and chipped engine, Not Fcon but Unichip.... Cost is alot less too...

RJN have a great NA reputation too.... You get a stronger engine too...

:wacko: Im confused now, guess thats why so many people opt for keeping it oem less hassel..

How about you have all the usual mods, i.e nismo exhaust, high flow cats, plenum spacer, induction kit, and perhaps headers hks,

with an Fcon IS surely there would be some gains there, perhaps bringing the engine to a respectable 320-330 bhp???

I know an owner who is getting 330ish from a mapped and chipped engine, Not Fcon but Unichip.... Cost is alot less too...

Spoke to RJN, that 330bhp engine was with a procharger kit as well which cost 4560.00. With that sort of money rather pay the extra and get power enterprise kit, just waiting to get through to thor racing for a bit more info

Spoke to RJN, that 330bhp engine was with a procharger kit as well which cost 4560.00. With that sort of money rather pay the extra and get power enterprise kit, just waiting to get through to thor racing for a bit more info

Your boring.. stick N/A :teeth:

Easier still is to buy Mark's [urbanmyth] already converted immaculate 350Z TT APS. He posts on here. Maybe a deal can be done between you.

Allan

I thought this car got sold weeks ago????? hmmmm..... :D

:lol: You're getting worse than Louis - every car that comes up you are interested in! :p

Easier still is to buy Mark's [urbanmyth] already converted immaculate 350Z TT APS. He posts on here. Maybe a deal can be done between you.

Allan

:lol: You're getting worse than Louis - every car that comes up you are interested in! :p

At least I'll put my money where my mouth is ;):lol:

Allan

At least I'll put my money where my mouth is ;):lol:

Where are you going to put 6 JDM, one TT and 2 GT4 Zeds!? :p

Guys just to Update I got this from Guy and lloyd, new owners of nemisis uk, really nice bloke who Ive ordered quite a bit from. Good service and I highley recommend too.

Hi Jason,

First of all here is the link to view the 350z bolt on turbo kits shoot out. http://www.nissansportmag.com/shootouts ... otout.html

The Greddy 350Z Turbo kit also won the 2007 SEMA Show Grand Turismo Best Japanese Award!

The GReddy Twin Turbo kit was designed for the USA 350z market. It is listed for the 2003-2005 left hand drive model. Although it will fit right hand drive models with minor modifications to some brackets. The Greddy Twin Turbo kit with the front mount Intercooler should bring the 350Z up to 340whp. Also if you add on Greddy’s 70mm Dual Exhaust they say you can expect 360whp.

The TT set up comes with a preprogrammed emanage piggy back ECU with mapping set at 5.5psi. This is where the problem lies being a UK spec model which we need to get our heads round? I myself recon this will work with UK spec 350z. I am checking with GReddy to see what their thoughts are on this? The benefit of the emanage it that the factory ECU settings become your “Base-Mapâ€