Just Painted Mine,,,,,

Barks

Posting just so we can get to another page quicker, so my browser doesn't slow to a crawl every time I open this thread back up.

All we need now is someone to quote one of the earlier (pic heavy) posts...... :lol:

And TBH, I nearly did as I'd like a bit more info about the yellow car in the background - but think my 'yellow car in the background' description will suffice :teeth:

WOW Loads of comments, :-)

Thanks for the welcome, the crossfire came along cheap as most cars do but saying that it was quick and handled very well.

yes mate a fair bit of work, it took me 8 days start to finish including refit and polish. i nearly laqured it after painting it white, but had a go and it is what it is. can always change it if i grow sick of it but they are nice colors, both pearl, the grean goes gold in the sun and the purple just pops....

i could of faded the colors but wanted the roof line to wrap around the car. its getting 5 foot long anime girls weilding swords down each side, and other stuff,

i fancied sunburst orange with black top but its been done so tried something different, it certainly gets alot of interest.

just incase anyone wondered if the front plate surround is removed and rotated 180 degress it fits on the bottom lovely.

i looked at some body kits but to be honest i like the front of the car it drops nicely, the only bit i might change would be side skirts and the rear bumper needs to be lower. maybe spoiler. wheels are going anthacite probably.

its one thing looking at a color and loving it, another driving a car that color lol.

cheers

barks

ps, you have a good eye its an aston am vantage

• Like 1

the crossfire came along cheap as most cars do but saying that it was quick and handled very well.

You must be exceptionally pleased you got into a 350, even being made by the same people as a Micra, if quick and handled well are words you associate with a crossfire :p

i looked at some body kits but to be honest i like the front of the car it drops nicely, the only bit i might change would be side skirts and the rear bumper needs to be lower. maybe spoiler. wheels are going anthacite probably.

Any plans to put new wheels/aftermarket kit on the car before the decals? Or will it stay standard, apart from the colour ?

Might be a clue above ;)

• Like 2

Wow! I admire the work been put into it and it looks really nice. Although the combo colour is not for me but looks like a really good paint job.. Hats off to you :). Where are you based?

我從使用 Tapatalk çš„ Nexus 6 發é€

the crossfire came along cheap as most cars do but saying that it was quick and handled very well.

You must be exceptionally pleased you got into a 350, even being made by the same people as a Micra, if quick and handled well are words you associate with a crossfire :p

Yes mate. I like it. It has more room. In The boxster and crossfire i always had the seat hard up against the back. Wasn't quite enough room, it could be quicker though. The boxster handled exceptionally well and the engine was awesome above 5k. Although disposable. ,,,

Yeah the crossfire surprised me. Floor it at 120 and it shifts down 2 gears, I hit water at 130 and it didn't flinch!

Anyway I wanted a zed for a few years and now I got one I thought I would keep it but I keep looking at the 370 :-)

Unless I find a smashed up one it's too much for me.

In northamptonshire for those who asked. Unit is near rugby.

Cheers barks.

Needs to be heavily modded to have a chance of pulling that off. Doesn't work on a standard car

I don't know a bolt on carbon front splitter; carbon spats and carbon rear diffuser with a big wing and it would pull it together more

Sorry man, this really isn't working for me. I can see what you're getting at, and on their own all the parts are awesome, but as a combo I just can't get with it.

+1 this looks chavtastic :wacko:

Wasn't really working for me, then the stickers just made it far worse. Either colour by itself would be cracking.

Awful to see the Kia in the background covered up yet the Aston left to get covered in cr@p

Wasn't really working for me, then the stickers just made it far worse. Either colour by itself would be cracking.

Awful to see the Kia in the background covered up yet the Aston left to get covered in cr@p

The Kia is a customer's car, the aston is mine which I'm about to fully restore. Which is why it doesn't matter that it isn't covered as it's getting stripped to the shell.

Any more unrelated comments and I'll pull the pics.