Wash > Clay > Blackhole > FK1000P > Beer (2.5 month Update Pg2)

monkeybrain1234

I'd argue there's no point using polish if you're going to use BH, and vice versa. BH contains loads of fillers, so it'll hide the swirly stuff temporarily. Polishing is always better though, it just depends if you've got the time or not.

• Like 1

I'd argue there's no point using polish if you're going to use BH, and vice versa. BH contains loads of fillers, so it'll hide the swirly stuff temporarily. Polishing is always better though, it just depends if you've got the time or not.

It all depends how long he wants to hide the swirls and scratches.

I myself would take them out with polish to a decent level and use a decent wax/sealant and use a proper washing technique to not incur swirls or marring on the paint. Claying will produce lots of marring which black hole may struggle to cover up but if you're looking for a quick fix with 75-80% of swirls covered and short durability go for black hole.

Edited by harryjackson
  • Like 1

Normally I'd agree with this. And to prove this, I'm going to disagree with this (this time)...

FK1000P is quite solventy, so it'll remove some/most of the Black Hole. If it were a wax, I'd agree with you Dan, but not for a sealant.

OP, I'd also suggest that whilst FK will happily last 3months+ on a bare surface, the Black Hole is going to reduce it's durability considerably. FK isn't designed to sit on top of an oily glaze so it'll struggle to last 3 months, TBH. Either go with a decent wax or replace the Black Hole with something else like SRP.

• Like 1

Normally I'd agree with this. And to prove this, I'm going to disagree with this (this time)...

FK1000P is quite solventy, so it'll remove some/most of the Black Hole. If it were a wax, I'd agree with you Dan, but not for a sealant.

OP, I'd also suggest that whilst FK will happily last 3months+ on a bare surface, the Black Hole is going to reduce it's durability considerably. FK isn't designed to sit on top of an oily glaze so it'll struggle to last 3 months, TBH. Either go with a decent wax or replace the Black Hole with something else like SRP.

I normally use autoglym HD wax on top of black hole and it works a treat. I've got myself a tub of FK1000P but not had a chance to use it yet, but when I do it'll be just for the wheels

• Like 1

I knew this would end up not being simple. :blush:

Had a feeling poorboys may not let the fk1000p adhere very well. Resulting in reduced durability.

I rather enjoy waxing my cars but once every 3 months is enough. Will the black hole and fk give me 3 months of summer shine??? Don't really want to do it all again in 2 weeks. :wacko:

• Like 1

That^^^.

Replace BH with Auto Finesse Rejuvinate (assuming you don't require much correction).

Buuuuuut, if you just want gloss then go for something SiO2 based, i.e. Gyeon. Depending on how much effort you want to put into it, it can be as easy as Wetcoat and/or Bathe+ (every couple of weeks) through to something much more advanced like Prime or Mohs (once per year/two respectively) or half way with the likes of CanCoat. That said Wetcoat and Bathe+ will go over everything if you're using it regularly enough, so you could glaze and wax now and maintain with Bathe+.

If you put a decent wax over it, it's fine. It's just because you want to use a sealant that is a bit of an issue. :)

It is a short term stop gap product though, but it does do the job well.

Edited by Ekona

I clayed my car the other night ready for the wedding a week tomorrow, and a quick wax, and the paintwork is stunning, but next Sunday it will have a glaze etc. But a clay and wax seems to do a good job at a shine

• 1 month later...

Been meaning to upload some pictures after doing this 4 weeks ago.

Tried to show the difference between each step, only taken with Iphone so not great detail in the picture but shows the diffference between each step. Okay the light would have changed in the few hours it took me to do it all but still can see a difference between each stage.

Only good old elbow grease used, no fancy polishing DA machine etc. :lol:

Wash

Clay

Poorboys Black hole

FK1000P Wax

Best way I could compare the difference for you

I2BN75m.jpg

End Result

7OgLKDG.jpg

It's been 1 month since applying and the rain is still beading superbly on the wax. So after 1 month the FK1000P seems to have adhered to the Poorboys black hole quite well. Will update in a months time and see how well or not it's still beading. :wacko:

Thanks for advice :teeth:

• Like 2