Wash > Clay > Blackhole > FK1000P > Beer (2.5 month Update Pg2)

monkeybrain1234

Looks good, but just thought I'd mention that AFAIK there's no real benefit in using a machine polisher unless you're actually polishing - the products you used are just a glaze and sealant.

Lots of people use a DA to apply waxes and LSP's, I dont myself but there are many that do

• 1 month later...

Update:

2,5 Months - Still beading but not as well as it used to, particulary on the roof and bonnet. :dry:

To be honest I would say at 2 months it was fading. Although to be fair we have had quite a bit of rain.

Not too fussed, as I have been itching to put the products/training from Meg's to good use. I feel a buffing weekend coming up!

So the layering will change:

Wash

Clay (Megs)

Polish (Megs Ultimate Compound)

Wax - FK1000p

Will probably not bother with the Blackhole in the above line up. Does that seem wise?

Excellent news as I did exactly the same combo on my 911 a couple of weeks back. Last week I didnt even have to wash the car, just used some quick detailer, wipe on/ off and the car looked brand new again. Im only "allowed" to wash my car once every few weeks, so I am hoping that the BH & FK combo keep the car looking good for as long as possible.

• Like 1

Wash

Clay (Megs)

Wax - FK1000p

Will probably not bother with the Blackhole in the above line up. Does that seem wise?

As you're polishing first. there's little-to-no need for BH. It's a decent plan.

Im only "allowed" to wash my car once every few weeks, so I am hoping that the BH & FK combo keep the car looking good for as long as possible.

If the paint is in good enough condition for you to live with, I'd recommend something like Gyeon CanCoat. It'll last 6+ months and it'll make washing the car quite quick and easy whilst offering a degree of self cleaning in between.

• Like 2

I think I`m having a nightmare!

Have I missed something, what do you mean? :wacko:

What a skip.

Isn't it just, could have buffed the skip too. :lol:

Excellent news as I did exactly the same combo on my 911 a couple of weeks back. Last week I didnt even have to wash the car, just used some quick detailer, wipe on/ off and the car looked brand new again. Im only "allowed" to wash my car once every few weeks, so I am hoping that the BH & FK combo keep the car looking good for as long as possible.

Should last for a couple of months, and don't get me wrong it is totally waxless after 2.5 months, just not as waxy as before.

Wash

Clay (Megs)

Wax - FK1000p

As you're polishing first. there's little-to-no need for BH. It's a decent plan.

Thanks, looking forward to this, ( I am sad I know) never used a polish before, always thought wax was polish!! :scare:

Probably not the best way to advertise a car for sale...! :lol:

Whilst I agree would you (as a man that knows) rather buy an unwashed car with some greenery or a car that's been regularly washed poorly?

I love a good mossy car coming in for detailing (or in fact buying one)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oooh now there's a good question!

I know what you mean about detailing a really green-covered car, but I think if I was buying I'd want a poorly washed one that was clean, so I could at least see if anything was hiding under the foliage :lol:

• Like 1