Help - looking for part

JoeSwin

Hi,

Just had a P3 service at the dealership and they noticed that on my O/S rear caliper one of the brake pad retainer pins, clip and cross spring is missing. Bit of a nightmare as I can't find them anywhere in the UK as a kit - dealership offered £98 to sort it but im sure the part can be found for a tenth of that.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of one? Any help would be appreciated.

Link to an image of what i'm looking for below (just one pin and clip and cross spring:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/rear-brake/nissan/oem-brembo-brake-caliper-clip-pin-and-cross-spring-set-rear-p-5553.html

Joe

Arkwright,

thanks for your reply. Been to all the majors car parts retailers today and no luck, started trying a few local shops with the same luck, around Rugby/Coventry anyway.

Ken, i'll try that when i get back to my laptop rather than on my phone. Any other ideas welcomed.

Cheers

Oh damn dude that is expensive, mine was missing a couple clips when I took my breaks all to be changed at Japex when he noticed he threw some in to sort it for me good lads if you can get out that way, definitely pm zmanalex or Clark motorsports

Good luck

Hi joeSwin. I worked at a motor factors for 23 years and in that time sorted lots of unobtainable parts simply by having the old part in front of me. That part will have only been supplied in a brake pad fitting kit. The part you need will have been used on other vehicles but will have different part number as pins in kit may be longer or shorter etc. The pins you need could be in other kits with different plates and likewise the plate in kits with different pins.. I do recognise that large metal plate. Any motor factor such as europarts will have a catalogue with pictures and could match it for you. .. If you were closer i would match it where i worked. If you get stuck you could post it to me and i would match it and post it back. Let me know. Cheers. Mike

Edited by MIGWEL
  • Like 1