whats the alternative to a 370z

chrisday1990

Hey guys undecided on a 370z, however anything else I look at does not give me the childish buzz in my stomach, i suppose the only thing putting me off was the large cost my 350z was as it had a few issues.

Not a lot beats the 70 in age vs power but there are many cars that are older and arguably better. It's really up to you to decide what you want!

Neither the (affordable) Cayman nor the M3 do anything for me and I'd be surprised if either met the OP's desire for a less costly car. Sounds to me like he's made his decision and just needs a nudge in the right direction.

Forum members who've graduated from the '50 to the '70 seem very happy........

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 4

I will now always go jap. Before getting my 370z having previously had a 350 and at the time owning an audi, i found the german cars well built but just bland and boring.

Yes good engines but just lacked style and a bit of lairyness. Everything was well placed and worked, i hated it😈.

Forum members who've graduated from the '50 to the '70 seem very happy........

True, but pretty much no-one ever spends money on buying a car to then say actually, it's a pile of crap and I don't like it.

Basically people very rarely complain about an item, but they're very quick to complain about a service.

• Like 1

Hey guys undecided on a 370z, however anything else I look at does not give me the childish buzz in my stomach, i suppose the only thing putting me off was the large cost my 350z was as it had a few issues.

I've not had my 370z long but I'm loving it,

puts a smile on my face when i climb in it to go anywhere,

Any car what ever the make or model can have issues, i wouldn't let a bad experience with a 350Z put you off.

• Like 1

I agree with the above. Mustang or Holden/vxr are the only alternative.

Cayman and m3 aren't fair comparisons. They're very different. The Z is a mini muscle car. Feel very heavy compared to Cayman/boxster.

The thing that really puts me off the 370z is the interior.

So we're going to write the Cayman off because it's lighter, has more power in the 3.4L and handles better? Oooookay. There's reasons not to get the 987C, but I can't say it should be those.

M3 weighs the same as a 350Z, has an absolute stonking engine, and one of the best chassis of a generation. Given you're putting the Holden up as well, in every single measurable way the M3 is a superior car.

I agree, the 370Z interior kills it for me too. The exterior is lovely, and a shape that was miles before it's time and is now perfect.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

I'd have a Holden over the M3 as the Holden has more character , has a strong identity and solid owners club and is rare and interesting, the BM might be better in every way but its just not that special

The 2nd finest M NA engine ever says otherwise. Special very special. Character? Maybe, I'll probably give you that one as that might have been why I didn't buy one. I would say that the M3 has a very strong identity, and part of that appeal is that it's not all shouty shouty. Some folks do want that though, I concede.

Not sure I'd ever consider a car because of the owner's club though.

• Like 1

I agree with the above. Mustang or Holden/vxr are the only alternative.

They are both saloon cars, the only thing they share with a 370Z is being overweight. And explain to me how feeling heavy is a good thing, unless youre in a tank? :lol:

Each to their own but a Holden is a Vauxhall Senator with a V8 engine, an M3 is somewhat more developed than that and it shows in the drive. And interior. And quality. And handling. etc.

Anyone who describes M cars as "boring" clearly hasnt driven one, and E9* M3's are now similar money to a 370, same as a Cayman is. Oh, and the BMW and the Cayman will not depreciate as quickly so in effect you could spend more to start with anyway.

Maybe Im some kind of weirdo but when I was last looking for a car I drove everything I listed as they were all roughly in the same ballpark pricewise, and like Ekona, I think there are better cars out there for the money. If youre looking at the very bottom end £12K cars then maybe not so much but from £16K upwards theres a load of stuff thats just ...... better.

The 2nd finest M NA engine ever says otherwise. Special very special. Character? Maybe, I'll probably give you that one as that might have been why I didn't buy one. I would say that the M3 has a very strong identity, and part of that appeal is that it's not all shouty shouty. Some folks do want that though, I concede.

Not sure I'd ever consider a car because of the owner's club though.

The social aspect is important to some people and i would suggest its important to many 350 and 370z owners , hell some people stay on the forum even after they have sold the car ;)

Op - you're more than welcome to have a nose around my car and spin ( m3 ) ..... As said there are plenty of good cars to be had for 370z money but for the same budget they will more than likely be older . Yes I bought a m3 .... But I don't have rose tinted glasses on like some people with their cars . It has flaws .... Bit boring looking compared with 50/70/mustang/Cayman .... Anything ! Hahaha ! And does need a exhaust to bring out the character in it . Bland interior . ..... The list goes on . But it drives amazing , handles incredibly well , the engine is a master piece ... And most important to me it's really really good fun to drive !!

I'm still around on this forum due to its good nature and people's ( most people ) ability to have a conversation about cars and opinions on them without getting stupid and bitchy ..... Unlike the Bmw forums who are just rude and just into bling Rolex watches , and " look how much money I have " attitude .

• Like 3