First time.....

Djb92

As the title says this is the first time I have ever attempted modified a car in any sense and its all thanks to the zeditus bought about by this site.

I purchased my 350z in January 2015 after leaving the army, I decided that I deserved a present and with my new job only a few miles from my house I could finally afford to run the car I've wanted since i was 15.

I found an 05 zed with 70000 miles on. It was extremely clean and for a 10 year old car only had a few little issues mainly curbing on the alloys.

This is my new zed.

IMAG0025_zpsplwvycc4.jpg

After a few months of looking at other peoples build threads I decided that I wanted to modify my zed.

The first thing on my list was the Bose head unit. I swapped it out for this pioneer SPD-DA120.

IMAG0080_zpsf7re2zst.jpg

I wasn't exactly keen on the way that it fitted so after looking through some of the IPad install threads I decided to modify the whole centre console.

DSC00029_zpseamfb7jj.jpg

DSC00037_zpsksu6cdsf.jpg

DSC00134_zps2pzygosi.jpg

I took the time to look at some ideas to change my steering wheel. I didn't fancy losing the controls on it, so I contacted jack royal to see what he could do for me.

And this is the result.

DSC00102_zpsmyr8bpif.jpg

Needless to say I was extremely impressed.

By the time I had finished with the steering wheel I had been scratching my head at what to do with the horrible beige headliner.

I decided that it had to be changed to black.

I have a friend who works with VW vans and with his help we managed to sort it in my garage.

DSC00103_zpsihz7bb81.jpg

Some LED lights as well.

After all the work I finally managed to get everything in and this is the finished result.

DSC00142_zpsv3uz1mic.jpg

I also managed to find the time to jump on my friends lathe at work to turn out a custom billet aluminium gear knob. Just need to get it powder coated to finish it off.

After all this work on the interior I have decided to turn my attention to the engine bay of the car.

I started with the simplest mod ever.

The flyboy intake mod.

DSC00159_zps6wjedjvx.jpg

many thanks.

A little bit of painting came next.

DSC00158_zpstjisjmyg.jpg

And then a custom orange wasso spacer.

DSC00156_zpsdumqkyw7.jpg

Many thanks to wasso and thank you for all the information and advice you gave me.

After my MOT my friend revealed that I would be needing new cats and a new y pipe as my had started to disintegrate.

So after looking at various options I decide that a custom exhaust would be the way forward. A friend turned me on to MIJ exhausts in Walsall.

I cant speak highly enough of the work they did to my car. They managed to marry up my new single sports cat to the existing Cobra mid pipe and back box.

IMG_20160415_070940_zps9ho5jqlj.jpg

A few months passed before I could afford to do much else to my car and I was just enjoying the sound the new exhaust was making (I'll post a video sometime this week).

So the only other work that passed in that time was the stubby ariel and some new bonnet dampers from tarmac sports.

DSC00111_zps7kiuifhy.jpg

DSC00113_zpsogxjqt5h.jpg

After some more reshearch (mainly on Instagram), I decide to get a splitter and this is what I found.

DSC00171_zpssi14hkya.jpg

DSC00173_zpsamctde4e.jpg

Ozzy seemed to approve. So thanks again Tarmac.

Thats it for now hopefully I'll get this all fitted in the coming month.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think so far.

• Like 4

Great work.

You must be miffed people park infront of your drive though.

Thank you. It's my granddads car and drive so I suppose I can let him off on that.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Love that steering wheel!!! VEry tempted to go for something like that - did you send your own steering wheel to the chap who done it? what was the turn around time from sending it off to getting it back?

He's brilliant mate. Yeah he sent me the one I ordered then I swapped the new one on and sent the old one off to him so I never had the car off the road. Took him about 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1

Love that steering wheel!!! VEry tempted to go for something like that - did you send your own steering wheel to the chap who done it? what was the turn around time from sending it off to getting it back?

He's brilliant mate. Yeah he sent me the one I ordered then I swapped the new one on and sent the old one off to him so I never had the car off the road. Took him about 3-4 weeks.

Just found the website.... :drive1

It wont be long before I get one - easy to fit and remove?

Just found the website.... :drive1

It wont be long before I get one - easy to fit and remove?

Yeah mate fairly straight forward if I remember correctly there is a guide on here showing how to remove it

• 1 month later...

Ok so it has been some time since i last updated this so here it is.

I have finally found some free time to get the car into the garage and get the front splitter fitted and the paint work on the bumper sorted after it started to flake away :angry:. And this is the result, I had the work done at Autobody worx's Coventry, not really keen on the OEM grill but I think I have an idea, I'm thinking of cutting it away and recessing a new mesh grill as far back as possible so its not massively visible, any suggestions or similar ideas? I'm also stuck on how I should fit my new front number plate do I go with a stick on vinyl version or a proper plate, don't really fancy putting holes in the the new smoothed front end.

DSC00244_zpsiq26vbod.jpg

DSC00245_zpsqztgnhyt.jpg

The next was a bargain I grabbed from one of the forum. A pair of 25mm Super GT spacers for the rear wheels. Didn't think they would make much difference but they make the rear look so much wider.

DSC00246_zpsmnoh6wzu.jpg

DSC00238_zpsdlpjqoyv.jpg

My next mod was something that i had brought back in November again from the forum just hadn't gotten around to fitting them. New tread plates, the look so much better than the original that came with the car.

DSC00145_zpspduqv49a.jpg

And finally my a little sticker that I had ordered from america turned up. Don't know if this counts as a mod but its shinny and i like it. :p

DSC00236_zpsjdbndonm.jpg

Let me know what you think again your thoughts are much appreciated, sorry for the boring/vague write up I'm not the best at these type of things hopefully I get my point across with the pictures.

Edited by Djb92
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got back from horsham, after a very long night shift and id like to say a massive thank you to the lads for walking me through the whole thing because I really don't speak technical mapping stuff and they didn't confuse me to much. It was probably the best money I have spent on my car so far, the gains weren't massive, but the car is so much smoother through acceleration and the throttle is now so much more responsive and it pulls so much more. Hopefully this helps me on the way to getting it supercharged (a while off yet). But the lads said this was a good starting point.

DSC00249_zpsvprruxjf.jpg

DSC00250_zps4qs8fkau.jpg

sorry for the bad photos.

How long was the session down at Horsham Developments? Apart from the custom exhaust, plenum spacer and cobra cats are you running anything else?

I think if was around 3/4 hour. No not really mate I moved the cat back from the usual position to after the end of the y pipe.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

6c196b392bd61ed20007ac8d0d238dbb.jpg

Been rather quite for a while as the girlfriend is convinced we need a house. Not sure why like Richard Hammond says you can't race a house but you can live in a car. Managed to get some side skirts and the rear diffuser from the guys at tarmac. Hopefully get a picture of the diffuser up this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk