ABS/TSC lights on!

Luke0549

Hi guys,

so when i start the car and then start to pull away the ABS engages for a few seconds, then ABS and TSC lights both come on.

if you then turn the car off and on, the lights will be off, but when again you go to pull off, it will do the same thing.

this happens every time without fail.

i can then drive normally. but its very un nerving not having ABS / TSC.

its going into Japex on thursday so something else so will get them to look then.

just didnt know if anyone had any quick solution to what it might be?

I think first protocol is to check brake fluid level, but someone with more experience will come along to comment.

Mine has ABS, ESC and Slip light on, it was diagnosed to ABS actuator which needs replacing. My local garage used a proper code reader and it gives out C1124 and C1109. Which is ABS system related. I have a Bluetooth dongle code reader, but it fails to read these Cxxxx codes.

I'm assuming only Nissan Consult OBD tool will pin point you to the issue, other OBD tool will only give you brief description hence more time needed to diagnose (ie higher price for diagnostic).

I'm sure Japex can solve it for you.

I'm on the same boat as you previously, driving around with no ABS or ESC. I did give it a try (in safe environment) to check if I still have these electronic controls when they are all lighted up, answer is NO!!.

yeah, ive been a bit sceptical about giving it the beans out of bends. and i think ill leave that until its turned on!!

ive got a OBDII reader lying around somewhere, but i think its just a cheap one so like you said doubt it will read.

hm..

i had this on mine when i changed my steering wheel and i didnt put it back correctly on mine it was the steering wheel position sensor thinking the wheels were at an angle when going straight so it reads + or - instead of 0 when driving. its a nissan consult job to have it reset but its about 5 mins of work had mine done today for £30 at my local nissan dealers. but check fluid levels and all lights are working first as these can cause same issue ive read

I second what cov350z says.

Same thing happened to me when installed a new wheel as I had to offset the plastic plate behind the wheel. I corrected mine getting a plate made up to correct the offset so I could install the wheel with plate straight.

Luke0549,

I'm not sure how cars in the UK come equipped, but here in the US some have just ABS, some have ABS and traction control (TCS), and some have ABS and stability control (VDC). On cars with VDC, the steering wheel sensor or brake fluid level can indeed be problems, but on cars with TCS these are not part of the system. Which is yours?

I have got a code reader in Potters Bar if you need one

Check the brake switch thoroughly though - it is £7 vs an ABS unit swap at £700!!

Just had mine swap today (picking up my zed tomorrow) all in including braided brake lines fitted, £460 =(

• 2 weeks later...