What is your best "just because" purchase?

AliveBoy

Hmm, I have a habit of somehow justifying a new gaming PC quite often, or expensive upgrades to it. Then I'll get stuck into an indie game for a month that I could have played on a shitty laptop :blush: Currently feeling an extreme pull towards ordering the HTC Vive

HTC Vive is epic. We have a few demo kits at work we use with our visualization software.

Its got a much better resolution than the Oculus Rift.

Hmm, I have a habit of somehow justifying a new gaming PC quite often, or expensive upgrades to it. Then I'll get stuck into an indie game for a month that I could have played on a shitty laptop :blush: Currently feeling an extreme pull towards ordering the HTC Vive

HTC Vive is epic. We have a few demo kits at work we use with our visualization software.

Its got a much better resolution than the Oculus Rift.

FUUUUUUUUUU dammit the wife is gonna kill me, gouging out my eyes with a spoon before it arrives if I hit this order button.

• Like 1

Either my Cobain Mustang, or my replica ST:TNG Type 2 phaser.

I still regret not buying the 7ft tall Alien replica I saw in the US about 15 years ago. So should've just put it on the card and been done with it.

Set phasers to "holy sh!t why the frap didn't you buy the xenomorph!?"

It's on my to do list. I'll mount my M41A above it in my Alien themed room complete with hatched egg in the corner and flashing yellow strobe lighting and Aliens style grating on the floor and...

I know, I hate myself for it :(

Basically I was still living at home and so it would've had to go in my bedroom which wasn't that big in the first place, plus at the time it would've been the equivalent of 6 months wages which was a bit excessive! Still, should've got it, you're right.

But lifesize Xenomorph though.

You must own one within 6 months of this date now.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/40992-alien-life-sized-statue-alien-xenomorph/#product-description

• Like 1

I still regret not buying the 7ft tall Alien replica I saw in the US about 15 years ago. So should've just put it on the card and been done with it.

It's on my to do list. I'll mount my M41A above it in my Alien themed room complete with hatched egg in the corner and flashing yellow strobe lighting and Aliens style grating on the floor and...

Basically I was still living at home and so it would've had to go in my bedroom which wasn't that big in the first place, plus at the time it would've been the equivalent of 6 months wages which was a bit excessive! Still, should've got it, you're right.

https://forbiddenpla...uct-description

God this one looks crap!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/625-aliens-plush-lifesize-chestburster/

https://forbiddenpla...uct-description

God this one looks crap!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/625-aliens-plush-lifesize-chestburster/

Only get "502 bad gateway"

Cant resist a jet ski or two, this was my last pair, one for free riding/wave jumping and one for social (passengers)

The orange/black was supercharged and 250hp, good for knocking on the door or 70mph and the white/black was good for, well photo below.

RXP2.jpg

RXP5.jpg

Seadoo4.jpg

JTSPX_zps5e212b70.png

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 4

I have just received this today from the states, I have a slight watch fetish,nothing expensive , but I now have seven, also waiting for delivery of a new media player which should allow me to stream all my films with the full multichannel audio, IE DD+, 7.1, DTSX and Atmos.

_571_zpsraua2kax.jpg

1_zps64ocawsq.jpg

• Like 2

errr I get Loot Crate every month !

Did you get your inflatable ****ing crown?

I think he really liked that crown :lol:

So much that he complained about it for maybe a year afterwards, loot crate shall never forget their shame.

So im usually pretty tight with my money, but i've just spent £62 on beer! I'm not much of a drinker but my favourite beer was Kronenbourg Blanc. They stopped selling it in the UK in about 2009 and i've been looking for it ever since. Checking every few months to see if i can find it online anywhere etc.

Well i found a retailer in the Netherlands this week and have just ordered 36 bottles today (maximum that can be shipped in a single package).

They'll probably last me all summer to be honest, but i cant wait!

Hopefully it's the same stuff... the packaging has changed slightly.

1664-blanc_0.jpg?itok=20l7XPvu

• Like 1

I have a friend who doesn't work for some BS 'disabilty' reason and his room (room. Room at 35) is full of light sabers, darth vader helmets, storm trooper helmets, imperial blasters, every console going, top spec PC 90" tv.

Your tax dollah's at work.

He reminds me of comic store guy in the Simpsons. Loves to argue who would REALLY win between a peak health Yoda and Darth Vader. Gets really heated when you yank his chain about it.

PS: WH40K Space Marine Librarian would own both.

2016-04-16%2020.38.43_zpspjfso9xx.png

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1