Painted headlight inserts and halos

James Junior

Always wanted black headlights on my silver roadster - just checked the one eighty site unfortunately doesn't look like it's got the halo kit for a pre 06 DE. Would there be a discount if I only wanted the lights turned black without fitment of halo kit?

Give rsv a shout mate

Speak to either matt,stew or rich and they'll sort something that suits your requirements :)

RSV Graphics & Window Tinting

Unit G3, Dudley Central Trading Estate Dudley Central Tradi, Shaw Rd, Dudley DY2 8QX

07514 105215

https://g.co/kgs/lE1H7

Always wanted black headlights on my silver roadster - just checked the one eighty site unfortunately doesn't look like it's got the halo kit for a pre 06 DE. Would there be a discount if I only wanted the lights turned black without fitment of halo kit?

There are halo kits available for the DE headlights from other places. http://flashtechusa.com/flashtech-white-led-headlight-halo-kit-for-nissan-350z-2003-2005-ni-35z0305-wh.html

My only concern about this is how long the LEDs last before failing. Only takes a couple of them to die and it starts to look cheap and nasty, very expensive to replace too. At least you know the xenons are good for 10,000 hours.

Go for a CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light) Halo kit from elsewhere then, they are meant to be a lot more reliable.

I think those look pretty nice. Does the group by only apply to 350z or 370zs? I have a G35, same as the Skyline 350GT, and don't want to deal with sending my lights back to the US to have them done. My car is a daily driver so I use it regularly.

I've got a 350GT and I'd definitely be interested in it too!

For the early 350z I don't think the effect will be as good visually.

Reason, the actual chrome in the headlamp either side of the dipped beam is used and designed to enhance the light output of the lamp. The zenon set up leaks light by design either side of the dome glass. The facelift lamps with larger optical dome does away with the light leak as it's not needed.

Still can black parts of the upper inner headlamp but might look odd.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ring these boys today. Good price for the work needed! LEDs of good quality should last 40-60k hrs. I doubt if anybody's zed will outlast that lol. Used to have CCFLs on my old Lexus IS and they were too dim

• 3 weeks later...

Very reasonable price in my opinion. :)

I've been doing something similar with some second hand Spec-D (Junyan) headlights. It came with halos, but I wasn't happy with them and it's taken me months of evenings/weekends to research, buy, fit etc... Happy to do it myself as it's cheap headlights I'm playing with, but if it's my OEM ones I'd probably rather pay for a professional to do it. Plus a lot of money has been wasted trying various things, just as I'm clueless. :lol:

Bought it in late Feb, and it's still not on the car :surrender:

Getting there though!

Since then it's been painted satin black, but still a load of things to do...

Edited by Hodaka
  • Like 1

I am having my headlights done by a small independent guy..

Having the inserts black carbon dipped.. the projector housing painted in same blue as car and colour changing demon eyes hidden inside projector housing (all run remotely via mobile phone)..chrome indicator bulbs, already got hid on dipped beams and also having an led strip layer in with sequential indicating ... 😎

Edited by MikeyM
  • Like 2

I am having my headlights done by a small independent guy..

Having the inserts black carbon dipped.. the projector housing painted in same blue as car and colour changing demon eyes hidden inside projector housing (all run remotely via mobile phone)..chrome indicator bulbs, already got hid on dipped beams and also having an led strip layer in with sequential indicating ... 😎

Holy Moly that sounds cool!! make sure you get some pics up.. i could be sending mine his way haha :thumbs:

please post up some pics of your work. i'm still undecided if i need to replace mine with new standard lights or go aftermarket

Just to check, you weren't talking to me were you?

I am having my headlights done by a small independent guy.. Having the inserts black carbon dipped.. the projector housing painted in same blue as car and colour changing demon eyes hidden inside projector housing (all run remotely via mobile phone)..chrome indicator bulbs, already got hid on dipped beams and also having an led strip layer in with sequential indicating ... 😎

I've been working on sequential indicators as well. :) Not sure if it'll look good in the headlights I've got, but wanted to try it out to see.

Coded it up yesterday - here's a video of a test. First time doing this so pretty pleased :thumbs:

• Like 2

please post up some pics of your work. i'm still undecided if i need to replace mine with new standard lights or go aftermarket

Just to check, you weren't talking to me were you?

I am having my headlights done by a small independent guy.. Having the inserts black carbon dipped.. the projector housing painted in same blue as car and colour changing demon eyes hidden inside projector housing (all run remotely via mobile phone)..chrome indicator bulbs, already got hid on dipped beams and also having an led strip layer in with sequential indicating ... ������

I've been working on sequential indicators as well. :) Not sure if it'll look good in the headlights I've got, but wanted to try it out to see.

Coded it up yesterday - here's a video of a test. First time doing this so pretty pleased

Nice job buddy.. now it's revealed your a little whizz with leds etc your gonna get plagued lol

I'm having these fitted

Nice job buddy.. now it's revealed your a little whizz with leds etc your gonna get plagued lol

I'm having these fitted

Haha, I'm still nowhere near a wiz but thanks :lol:

Those look very nice! I like the switchback function as well. Would love to see your lights come out, so I'll keep an eye out on the forums :thumbs:

• Like 1

both of these look amazing.. wish i knew a thing or two about electronics.. should have paid more attention in school electronics when i made a moisture sensor haha

Was that for when you were chatting up girls 😉 and did it work is the important question lol

I am having my headlights done by a small independent guy.. Having the inserts black carbon dipped.. the projector housing painted in same blue as car and colour changing demon eyes hidden inside projector housing (all run remotely via mobile phone)..chrome indicator bulbs, already got hid on dipped beams and also having an led strip layer in with sequential indicating ...

Coded it up yesterday - here's a video of a test. First time doing this so pretty pleased

I was thinking something very similar, either carbon dipped inserts or graphite to match my alloys, but with a chrome projector housing. Blue demon eyes...not sure if I want halos or not.

Something about sequential indicators I don't like, I prefer LED indicators, nice crisp ON/OFF. Good work though! :thumbs:

Not sure how long this 'group buy' is on for but I guess I need to make up my mind soon.

Good to see peoples photos for ideas...

I was thinking something very similar, either carbon dipped inserts or graphite to match my alloys, but with a chrome projector housing. Blue demon eyes...not sure if I want halos or not.

Something about sequential indicators I don't like, I prefer LED indicators, nice crisp ON/OFF. Good work though! :thumbs:

Not sure how long this 'group buy' is on for but I guess I need to make up my mind soon.

Cheers man. :teeth:

Fair enough, each to their own :) I'm personally a fan of sequential, although I have no idea if it'll work for my headlights - especially as I do intend to keep the original indicator as well. Just an excuse to learn something new really :lol:

Cheers man. :teeth:

Fair enough, each to their own :) I'm personally a fan of sequential, although I have no idea if it'll work for my headlights - especially as I do intend to keep the original indicator as well. Just an excuse to learn something new really :lol:

Haha yes it would be pretty boring if we all had the same taste and the same thing, I can't even explain what I don't like about um. Probably just too modern for an old f@rt like me. Don't see why they wouldn't work though in your headlights. What about fitting them in to the bumper reflectors instead? Same here I'd like to have a play about with leds, demon eyes, halos etc....I got hold of some facelift lights but I'm too nervous to bake them in the oven!

Edited by cob1980

• 2 months later...