"Both front rear arms need debonding" - £729?

Jblonde002

Just had this on my service from Nissan. Basically the rear wheels really creak over speed bumps and the service thought this might be the reason and the cost to fix it.

Now, as someone who knows jack @*!# about mechanics (but I drive well if that helps) I was wondering what the hell this means and if this is:

a. Likely to be the problem

b. A fairl price?

post-24688-0-92994400-1460142721_thumb.jpeg

Put this way. I had a squeak and a click (not that click) coming from my rear, Nissan when servicing decided it was my brakes and wanted £1500 'to repair'.

Turns out my mate works there and I just needed new brakes and that's how much Nissan wanted to change all four discs and sets of pads.

I changed my rears (fronts are fine, only a year old) last week myself for £168, and am also not a mechanic.

Not saying they're wrong, but approach with caution.

These are two screenshots from the video they send you of the work that needs doing. I'm just worried that the deep creaking sound isn't that. Also the labour on the invoice was 30 mins of work and the parts are the £500+, so I didn't know if I could get the parts price down somehow?

post-24688-0-62273500-1460183872_thumb.jpeg

post-24688-0-48333700-1460183901_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Jblonde002

As stu has said get it to H Dev. It's a common problem for the banana arm bushes to fail , they can be replaced without replacing the whole arm providing the ball joint at the other end of the arm is ok. That won't be the reason the rear is creaking though. Oh and please don't just replace one rear tyre , replace in pairs. Why on earth Nissan would suggest that is beyond me and if your on a budget get a good mid range brand, definitely not event. They've also quoted you for 225/45/18 which is the front tyre size,providing your running standard wheels.

Edited by SHEZZA