New for 2016 Gran Turismo 6 Challenge Cup

jowen7448

I do think a wheel makes a big difference for feathering throttle and steering inputs and for rolling off the brake on turn in to keep traction. There is no way I could hit those times with a control. If you were closer I would happily lend you my wheel over the weekend or something so you could have a bash.

I will happily see if I can retrieve the data logger for laps if you like ( although I thought you had to specifically save it at the time) I will investigate tomorrow if I get chance. Which would you like? Just Roma? I reckon there is still a few tenths in Roma although expect it would take me a large number of attempts to get it all hooked up together. That time took me a fair while to get and was hardly something I could consistently put together.

I had a quick check this morning and couldn't find a way to get a data trace from the laps that have been done already. If I find time this weekend I will happily have another go at Roma and save a data trace if I get close to my best time again.

• Like 1

Did you try changing the weight distribution? I found a second in the final sector at the expense of the first long left/right turn, but I don't think the perfect balance would be worth much more than what I left on the table

I haven't played with adding ballast or movable weight at all yet. I shifted brake balance forward slightly for all of them I think and gradually reduced the amount of traction control. Think for Roma I had brake balance as Front 7, Rear 4 with traction control 1 and ABS 1.

I don't add ballast, it always feels like you're just adding slowness to me, though I see the thinking around redistributing the weight. Brake balance is something I nearly always load up one or two clicks forward. Also if you have the Traction Control above 1, I find it a bit too aggressive for most cars, I sometimes go as high as 3 if the car is a handful on every bend.

I find the wheel makes two big differences, steering is much more variable and you can be more judicious with the brakes.

This is the setup I have, it's the budget end of the wheel/stand market but I love it.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Logitech-Driving-Force-GT-steering-wheel-/112025771055?nav=SEARCH

I've got a broken DFGT and nowhere to mount it! The pins are broke from trying to force it onto a cumbersome table, and I'd have to go buy a TV since I'm playing on a massssive projector screen. I guess that helps slightly, can see the corners real big :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...