Window Reset - Jap Import

thall92

Hi all,

Back to owning a 350 again :D I sold my last one to go travelling and just needed another! Have gone import this time :dry:

I've picked one up that has a few little issues to resolve - mostly cosmetic - and things I want to have a go at myself seeing as I like to get hands on and a learn new automotive knowledge.

My problem is the drivers door was replaced in the past with a UK model door (I was told). The auto down works and the window drops when the door is opened, however, auto up does not work and window does not go up when the door is shut. Now, before everyone has a dig, I know there are plenty of threads on here and the rest of the net stating various window reset procedures and i've tried many of them - door open, door closed, door panel on, off,, pressing reset button, holding for various lengths of time etc and I just can't get it to reset properly.

I'm not sure I'll be able to tackle this one from forum recommendations alone so what I want to know is, is there an official reset that Nissan themselves would do (or private garage), i.e. plug it in to a device maybe and perform a proper reset/calibration?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide knowledge on where to go next after reset procedures have failed.

Tom.

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

I had to go through this on my 350GT (obviously import) when fixing the window motor.

Unfortunately, I found the only way to reset the motor was to disconnect it from the runners.

There's a video on youtube about it, I think you need to search for 'G35 window regulator reset' or something (I'll stick a link up later) but you need to remove the motor, run it for 10 seconds in a certain direction, then refit it.

I warn you now, it's a royal pain!! and involves a lot of taking apart, trialing, putting back together etc. On one side, it worked first time, but on the other side it took a few attempts.

Edited by Tom_K

• 3 months later...