Noise Meter

blobbish

The ZED is now supercharged and booked in for coilovers, sway bars and a Diff.

I plan to do a few track days soon and although I have decats with a silencer the zorst is still quite loud. So does anyone have access to a noise meter so I can get an accurate reading.

I know you can get phone apps but there just not accurate.

Tbh if you're thinking of tracking your car you should aim to make it as quiet as possible. Put the cats and stock back box on for the day, trackdays aren't about the very last horsepower and we as enthusiasts should make sure we don't give the NIMBYs any more ammo. :)

I have hfcs on a true dual on a Vortech V3, very quiet exhaust and passed at Thruxton the most stringent in the country, 90db static.

As Ekona says, for the few extra hp the decats give you its just not worth the hassle and you probably wont even notice the hp lost.

I will try the android app initially and see what it says. I removed the HFC as they just get burnt out and fitted Decats with silences to reduce the noise.

Abingdon airfield have quite a few track days so I may just pop over.

I bought a noise meter from maplins a few years ago. It's been fairly accurate and reads pretty much the same as the ones MSA scrutineers use at any races we've been to.

I don't remember it being too expensive.

If you're anywhere near North Yorkshire, you're welcome to borrow it.