Replacing ABS unit

mk1_nutter

So I've been troubled with my OS rear pad only lasting me 2000 miles for the aecond time where the NS rear is still like new. I've made sure both calipers are fully functional and also replaced the NS caliper and hose with a working unit.

I'm now thinking the ABS unit is faulty. If I swap it out for a new/used unit do I need to have it programmed in like I've had to do on an Audi.

It could just be the caliper sticking, so might be worth having the seals done or the unit refurbed.

I'd try replacing the sensors first rather than the whole unit, cheaper and easier ;)

Edited by RobPhoboS

I've removed both calipers from the carriers and one at a time with a block of wood in the caliper, pushed the pistons out by pedal and back in by wind back tool. I noticed the wood on the OS was crushed where as the NS only had a circular indentation. I've also services the sliders on both sides. I'm very puzzled and thought of the abs unit being imbalenced. I'm not aware of any sensors