Irish Modified Zed (zeditis warning)

da.murf

so a few updates recently. 

main one being I had the side and rear windows tinted by a local company in Lisburn. 

Had the rears tinted midnight and sides smoked.

love how it looks. better photos to follow 

FDF7D2C0-3C08-494F-ADF1-6E18C0A6F41C.jpeg.61b5234231c910598e74a9cfb77b85e4.jpeg

E515B00B-19F2-418F-AF3E-64477AA26C35.jpeg.65dfb34cf60a4e9b332391ffc23b372a.jpeg

Edited by da.murf
Picture

16 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

Tints look great! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? Looking to get this done too :thumbs:

Was a mates deal but typically around the 250/300 mark for rear and sides for a proper perfect job. 

5 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

Looks really good - I need to get my windows tinted too.

Are the front windows legal though? They don't look it.

Any aftermarket tint on drivers or passenger side front is not legal if it didn’t come out of factory like that. Gonna try and blag mot when time comes but doubtful 

1 hour ago, ShortPaul said:

Looking B) good 

Thanks mate. Totally over the moon with the look. 

• 3 months later...

So it's been a fair while since my last up date, but with the zed now sorned and off road until new year I thought it would be a good time to update

Last update was Car was taken to pentagon for windows to tint.... might be a little darker than I expected but overall I’m happy with the look against the bright silver paint.

Just after pentagon retuned car it was time for JPPCNI Show at Eikon Centre. I was really looking forward to this and was happy the car was accepted For outside. When I arrived the car I began going over it to remove dust etc when I was asked did I want to take it inside as there was space.

I was over the moon with this, as I knew that the standard inside was generally very high and my car is what I consider a lightly mod’d Daily driver/weekend car.

I arrived in and realised I was up beside a friend and his amazing AE86World stand. My zed looked like the overweight cousin had just weighed up for the last event lol. The 86’s looked petite next to the zed I felt.

Chris was kind enough to snap this for me

4EBEC944-6BEA-4B16-99DD-A709A7996398.jpeg

And joked that I’d left the tire marks... wasn’t me honest.

The overall feedback was positive from the event on my car, and I was surprised how clean it looked under the lights. If I’d thought for a second it was going inside I’d have don’t more than a quick wax and sealant the day before.

Highlight for me was catching up with old friends who I rarely see now outside of shows and cars and coffee meets

Few more photos from the show. Thanks to all who snapped them.

IMG_7793.JPG

IMG_7676.JPG

IMG_7662.jpg

After the show I decided to invest a little in new wax. Davy at Procar suggested trying Chemical Guys 50/50 wax.

Car was clayed, then 2 stage polished with the DA then I used Auto Finesse Tripple for first time and found it pretty decent. Then waxed with the 50/50 and Anachem Hybrid to finish.

I was pretty pleased with results. Ended up also being last decent day of the summer

D28BF9B7-DC8E-422A-A0FD-802B9D88A8DF.jpeg

2DB19672-28BC-4FA3-8CCC-9AB5251DB9EA.jpeg

A3888B9C-07C9-4D6B-97E5-AB227AD15BE7.jpeg

245BA3E9-3F73-4372-B7C3-1D0F0D7A8DA5.jpeg

My son Ezra is near 2 and is mad into cars... and he is getting more and more eager to get out in zed. He cracks up when his big sister gets to school in it.

BF6C0AC6-B55C-4635-A006-D5C5776ABDBD.JPG

Plans are over winter are droplinks, new drilled and grooves discs & pads all round, new uprated W Brace under the car, braided brake lines, single mass flywheel, uprated clutch and slave cylinder including braided clutch line and polybush the ARB bushes front and rear.

All parts sitting there bar clutch and flywheel. Clutch is giving early signs of trouble as is the slave cylinder, so in new year I'll order an uprated solution

Into spring plan is plenum spacer and maybe an uprev remap to help the torque curve and drivability side.

Few last pics from Down royal cars and coffee meet

IMG_7854.JPG

Then into summer who knows.... keep eyeing up enkei rpf1’s lol.

Thanks for the read and sorry for pic heavy! Comments and advice welcome as always.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

I've never really been into silver cars - but wow that looks great! Black wheels and windows really sets it off.

1 hour ago, itsLeon said:

Car looks nice! 

thanks for comments. Yeah totally get the silver thing, wouldn’t have been my first choice but the mileage and condition etc was too good to turn down. 

love the black and silver look myself. 

honest opinions guys, I’m looking a sutble ducktail spoiler on rear. Would you paint it black or silver to match car ?

3 hours ago, itsLeon said:

Mmm tough one. I would say silver because all your black parts are on the lower part of your car. But black could work with a black roof? 

thought exactly the same, but black roofs have come an gone in my opinion. leaning towards silver ducktail with a gloss black diffuser/rear spat combo

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/10/2019 at 11:58, Andy_Muxlow said:

Car looks fantastic. very nice choice of colours the black really works with the silver.

thanks, as soon as I got it home originally I always knew it was going to be black to contrast. 

long term would love to switch everything black to carbon fibre but a lot of cash needed there lol!!! 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

few updates recently.

Spotted a set of LMGT4's on eBay and turned out to be a seller on here. HAdn't planned on moving on wheels this summer as I had been saving for enkeis, but at the money including good tires I couldn't say no and a deal was done.

They arrived in BMW Shadow Chrome and honestly looked pretty good. But I decided to go Hyper Silver and am pleased I did.

I added 5mm spacers front and rear, may go another 10mm in rear in the future, but will see how I go or if anything turns up 2nd hand lol.

Next step is to smooth front bumper and run a magnet behind to allow a plate to be removable and also add a Tarmac Sports Ducktail without the rivets.

But very very happy how she sites right now.

C40F31CE-F4F7-4937-83BD-34E922356598.JPG.88f6fab2e92df41243f12c4a619c3db0.JPG

F409EAE9-88F0-496C-861E-33F4852FD8AF.JPG.61b936b22083440a6e8e5317f9071c90.JPG

IMG_9543.jpg.fac600db245399af9da262007a81acd8.jpg

4DF69F04-BD56-4E0B-B958-A61216469994.JPG.3869a3123a2b991ba94476c684169579.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

so bit of an update, last few months have been busy for the zed, as above the lmgt4's where fitted but then I bit the bullet and decided to do something I'd really wanted to do for a long time, smoothed front bumper with no plate and nice rocket bunny style spoiler. 

photos of the finished look.

IMG_9737.jpg.4710e06de9879c331ee60f227ec2c108.jpg

952C9A36-1ABB-4A15-984B-076B6999124F.JPG.c443a703eeb98be7e4ea4a74fb39384d.JPG

7F45D478-F828-4C3E-A6F6-D569D12C12EA.JPG.e0723675649260001018db31b273c75f.JPG

I then added a cheeky alcantara retrimmed Royal Steering Wheel 

64D5457D-B29F-4689-9FD1-C2784FB605D2.JPG.654b8627888e365777b67db54fd7406e.JPG

So the updated spec is

2006 350GT in Universal Silver

64250 miles

19'' LMGT4 staggered wheels 

30mm Eibach springs

5mm spacers front and rear

LED side lights and rear light upgrades

Alcantara Steering Wheel

Fully smoothed and de-plated front bumper

Mines Style Front Splitter

Tarmac Sportz side skirt extensions

Milltek Exhaust

Stillen Y Pipe

JanSpeed Decats

PopCharger Intake

Tarmac Sports Ducktail revetless spoiler

Homemade colour coded de-wiper kit

Zunsport front grill replace

Removed weight from boot (just why nissan??)

Smoked side tints and heavy smoked rear glass

Pioneer Double Din digital Headunit

Mintec Dimpled and Groove discs & Brembo high performance break pads

HEL Orange braided brake lines front and rear

polybushed front and rear arb bushes

HEL Braided clutch line

Upgraded Clutch Slave cylinder

Xtreme Upgraded Clutch Kit and Lightweight Single Mass Flywheel

350z-Forum Burnout and tcs module

WhiteLine Upgraded W Brace

New OEM Nissan Kidney Brackets

Very happy with visually how it looks now, plan is to tidy/touch up some of the small marked areas in the interior and then long term look at a set of bucket seats.

Thanks for looking. 

Edited by da.murf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Looks real special, very smart!! How have you found tyre wear on the rear being this low?

Camber visually looks similar to what I'm running currently on the back (I adjusted in some more neg camber recently by eye using my adjustable camber arms). I recently did a track day and tyre wear was not an issue on the inside shoulder and seemed even across the tread - so probably the ideal camber which I guess is around -1.5 -2 ?

By comparison his front looks very upright (close to 0) although depending on stiffness of springs, as the car brakes this would increase neg camber. But then as you come off brakes and ease back onto throttle I guess will got back to 0 deg, which while cornering will wear the outside shoulders....

• da.murf changed the title to Irish Modified Zed (zeditis warning)