Blinged Custom Gear Knobs, New Stock Available

Mopedmark

Loving my knob... but i can't get it to stay put in the right position... it will still twist a bit when changing gear. Ive put the rubber washers (all 3) on the shaft... have i misunderstood the instructions? Has anyone resorted to a few drops of threadlock?

A tiny bit of thread lock will be fine :thumbs:

Sounds obvious and you probably have already, but have you tightened it by hand using a sufficient amount of force, until the gaitor starts to twirl and it won't move any more?

Yep... if I fully tighten it, and it will tighten nicely, then the markings don't line up... essentially, I cannot get combination of washers that allows it to tighten nicely with the markings lined up.

Loving my knob... but i can't get it to stay put in the right position... it will still twist a bit when changing gear. Ive put the rubber washers (all 3) on the shaft... have i misunderstood the instructions? Has anyone resorted to a few drops of threadlock?

A tiny bit of thread lock will be fine :thumbs:

Okeydokey... will give that a whirl... cheers!

Sounds obvious and you probably have already, but have you tightened it by hand using a sufficient amount of force, until the gaitor starts to twirl and it won't move any more?

Yep... if I fully tighten it, and it will tighten nicely, then the markings don't line up... essentially, I cannot get combination of washers that allows it to tighten nicely with the markings lined up.

I had the same, so when fully tightened (trying a variety of number of washers and position of lettering when commencing installation) and everytime it was fully tight, the lettering pointed south-east (4-5 o'clock), this happens to be pointing directly at the driver, so I thought it was a nice twist (boom-boom) and as it was late when I was fitting, I've kept it in that position!

Edited by Oversteer
  • Like 1

Mine arrived today from Mark but I asked for something slightly different, a brushed/satin finish. Looks great.

New knob next to old.

9a8adb80eb482eaa90b46ff68e20fe1f.jpg

And fitted.

f5c2f35c883ffaecc1ab6975aae907f9.jpg

Niiiice - might have to follow you on that choice :)

• Like 3

Hi Mark, love the new gear knob in blue. As stated earlier not only do they look good the larger knob makes the gear changing easier and more slick, IMO. Good doing business with you and these knobs are first class.

A couple of not so good photos attached, one in first and the next in second gear, cheers.

20160507_133335_zpsyw8dwdxr.jpg

20160507_133505_zps2205opzx.jpg

• Like 2

I have seen these up close and i can definitly say its on my wish list...along with other blingy bits from Mark!! cough!! core strut brace, cough!! bonnet catch!!....don't tell the Mrs!!

• Like 2

Saw Mark at the Ace Cafe Saturday night and he just happened to have one available on him.

It's a fantastic knob would highly recommend it, it's nice and firm : )

9DBD2D12-E449-4740-A9AF-6166829E3089_zpsg3mdnzge.jpg

A04F8636-951D-4781-B517-0A19CA171B9D_zpsffx5kj3o.jpg

Thanks again Mark

Edited by Dunks
  • Like 2