Is that a Fairlady Z?

GranTurismoEra

I was coming home from work yesterday, when a guy in a diesel A class the previous shape skipped about 6 cars to pull up beside me and ask "is that a fairlady Z", what Litre is that? Ive been looking for a while how much do they go for? I just said they arent expensive.....And this my friends is why I need tints, I can pretend I didnt see him next time.

Everyone circumstances are different plus theres a reason he was driving a diesel A class, possibly for a long commute to work. I work 6 miles away down the motorway. So its £30 pound a week to go to work and run an errand or two. I get a new job tomorrow far away Id have to get rid. So before he skipped another 2 cars ahead and got onto the main road, he said he'd have a look when he got home and sped off lool. Last time this happened I was in my mates E class that just came out, Thats why we have Google, his was debadged, my mate just answered one question "E Class" and wound back up lool. When they get home and they see that the car in question has a higher list price than they assumed or the Z are now back up on the price as summer approaches he'l be in for a shock.

I bought this car because I was curious and I have always liked it since it first came out whilst I was in high school in 2002/2003. I used to ask my older bros to draw cars and planes for me when i was 7,8. So its not me jumping on a hype, Its me wanting to try something different, and scratching an itch Ive had since the glory days of Gran Turismo and Max Power magazines. Unlike these people that just see materials, expensive things and oh bob neighbor just got a new land rover v6, we are getting a v8 type jeep next week!

Apart from the race me invisible emblem have you guys had similar clowning experiences, lets face it if he was genuine he would know the price and the size of the engine, after googling not ogling :lol::lol:

I once had a bloke stop me in the petrol station and ask if he could look around the car, it was hilarious.

He thought I was loaded, he was so exited about it, I've never seen anything like it. He drove off saying something like "one day I wish to be able to afford something like that".

He was in a 15 plate micra, probably worth double the value of the Z :lol:

• Like 3

I had some bloke at the petrol station ask me what I had done to my car as we approached the pay kiosk, I told him exhaust, brakes thinking that would be it but he turned round and said 'yeah, I was looking at buying one of those but couldn't believe how slow it is compared to my 600bhp evo!' With that we walked back outside and he got into his clapped out transit and drove off, what an absolute tosser!!

he did say he had been looking at them for a while, then exposed himself asking details that would come up if you were looking for them. Fair dos ive never known what a ford galaxy has, id rather google it than stop someone in traffic though,

I had someone tell me yesterday to get a better car, :lol: , not my fault its not to everyones tastes eh, if its not something you would buy then go about your business :wacko:. how about the old guy walking aggressively onto the pedestrian crossing as im making a turn looking the other way, good thing i saw him eh. And his wife has her hands wide out looking at him asking what are you thinking.......the ones that pull up beside you then speed off, :lol:

I had some bloke at the petrol station ask me what I had done to my car as we approached the pay kiosk, I told him exhaust, brakes thinking that would be it but he turned round and said 'yeah, I was looking at buying one of those but couldn't believe how slow it is compared to my 600bhp evo!' With that we walked back outside and he got into his clapped out transit and drove off, what an absolute tosser!!

*sigh* inferiority complex as the american say, god forbid you hit the jackpot, i fear for your safety, it brings out the best in people, never mind the guy that just pulled up in a 2016 aston martin, youre the VIP

People i know and work for always see me in my rags and my workhorse vw t4 van However when im not working and am spotted in nicer clothes driving my gleaming black Z they look astounded One customer actually said to me " i must be paying you too much" !!!

If im giving out invoices or looking at jobs i tend to use the van now because dont really want to give the impression that im loaded to people that arent aware of this car and what they cost

Me, Darren B and Ebized all went to Goodwood a few years back, parked up, some guy walked past our three Zeds and said he would love to get one but didnt think he could afford one as good as ours as he only had £12k to play with. To be fair Daz's supercharged 350 and Colins 370 maybe not but sure could have had mine for £12k! Colin as ever the perfect forum enthusiast had forum cards to hand to him with the website address on!

Now the zed has deprecated to Fiesta money, comments are more from people appreciating it's form and function rather than people with a chip on their shoulder bitter that they can't afford a new £30k coupe.

When I tell people that I could find them a similar 05 plate zed for £8k I is usually get an appreciative comment like....."Looks brand new/million dollars :thumbs: "

People i know and work for always see me in my rags and my workhorse vw t4 van However when im not working and am spotted in nicer clothes driving my gleaming black Z they look astounded One customer actually said to me " i must be paying you too much" !!!

If im giving out invoices or looking at jobs i tend to use the van now because dont really want to give the impression that im loaded to people that arent aware of this car and what they cost

As a tradesman I gave up using my car to go and do quotes years ago because of the comments I got. Most people like to see you turn up in an old knackered van and wearing work rags. Personally I like to see people doing well as it usually means they are good at what they do :)

As I said in the other thread, my favourite (and pretty much only) negative comment from a random kid in a petrol station whose 'mate has the 2l version' and he 'told me what [he] told [his] mate: shoulda got a GTR'.

Yeah, should spent 10x what I did for a completely different kinda car hahahaha.

Oh and people at my work think it's appropriate to comment reasonably regularly about how much my car must cost me to run. If it were genuine interest it wouldn't bother me, but it seems more the sort of 'alright for some' attitude; which is bull.