Genuine mats and boot mat.

steve1873

Hi there looking for wee bit of help in sourcing some new mats and boot mat for a 2009 370 for good price. I ordered some from ebay, but lo and behold they were both not suitable. The floor mats had the 370Z logo as a transfer instead of stitched, and the holes for fixing to the clips were 20mm diameter instead of the 10mm on my OEM mats (I assume they are OEM), so didnt fix to the clips. Can someone confirm that the holes should be 10mm as the fella replied to ebay message stating the following:

"Hello Steve, sorry to hear there is a problem, You are welcome to return the mats for a refund. Nissan used to sell these mats with the embroided logo but the part number now superceed and they have like a felt type transfer as the logo. But they should still fit in the same way and the holes should match up ok. They are genuine Nissan mats. If you use the ebay return system then it will print you a label. Best Regards, Gary"

Here is a pic of the difference, the replacement on the left:

m0f9j.jpg

As far as the boot mat is concerned, here is a pic of what they sent (different company). The replacement is underneath the current mat, which is a bit worse for wear. As you can clearly see, the shape is completely different and as such doesnt fit down properly around the wheel arches.

iw7wo9.jpg

Apologies, this has been posted in wrong section, mods please lock and/ or delete and I will post again in 370Z interior section.

I've moved the thread for you already to the "370Z technical" section so no need to repost. ;)

Although it's partially a "wanted" thread you did have a few queries so thought it better off here. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Is this premier products ? i am having the same problem with them

Yes. The boot mat was bought from premiercarmats, which looks to be ebay store for Premier Products. Will return item as not described. I messaged them yesterday, but as yet no reply.

Gary from Desira, where I bought the floor mats, replied almost instantly, to his credit. Although I am dubious as to his claim about them being genuine Nissan mats.

Thanks. Will have look and possibly purchase (bit expensive). The current mat in my car doesn't have 370Z logo and is quite thin so I am assuming it was a replacement. I have heard there is a thicker mat which helps cut out some of the road noise (which doesn't really bother me tbh), but if a thicker mat does indeed exist, I may as well purchase that. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by steve1873

Thanks. Will have look and possibly purchased. The current mat in my car doesn't have 370Z logo and is quite thin so I am assuming it was a replacement. I have heard there is a thicker mat which helps cut out some of the road noise (which doesn't really bother me tbh), but if a thicker mat does indeed exist, I may as well purchase that. Can anyone confirm?

The thin mat will be the original OEM basic one , mines also like that albeit in my 350z. The thicker one with the logo would of been an optional extra.

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

Just in case anyone else is looking for any similar items, I found this place. Little bit expensive it would appear (or maybe just comparing it to cheap aftermarket tat on ebay), but everything appears to be genuine. Will likley order from here, unless anyone else can give me any other sources at better prices.

http://nissan-370z.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/categories/model=294/category=ROOT-interior

Had the same problem, so made my own clips, still have them somewhere if u want some :)

http://www.350z-uk.c...securing-clips/

Thanks mate, but just gona return them and see if I can get some proper genuine replacements. Don't get me wrong, the mats seemed good quality but the transfer and not the stitched logo would just get to me lol.

I have sent back 3 sets and have yet to find the embroidered mats to replace mine.

I dont want the transfer and the holes are too big.

I am fed up of saying this to Nissan but unless you can find someone who has old stock then they dont make them anymore for the earlier cars..

I have sent back 3 sets and have yet to find the embroidered mats to replace mine.

I am fed up of saying this to Nissan but unless you can find someone who has old stock then they dont make them anymore for the earlier cars..

Not good news! Have those been from a genuine Nissan dealer at all?

I would happily even just have a set of plain mats, rather than an awful transferred logo which looks cheap and nasty frankly. But obviously the mats have to be compatible with the 10mm retention clip!

So whos bright idea at Nissan UK was it to discontinue these and presumably make the transfer logo ones the new OEM? Talk about making your brand appear cheap and nasty!

I assume the eyelets being 20mm is now standard also, which again are incompatible with my car.