May have to join the Zed club?!

Hi everyone, Ive been trying to decide which car to get next following some idiot crashing into me in december and writing off my dc5 for me. Started off with, rx7, 350z, e46 m3, s2000 and boxster s. I think Ive got it down to between the 350 and the s2000. Following a test drive in an 05 zed today I am very impressed with the car, however I have a test drive booked at the weekend in an s2000 but it will have to be pretty spectacular to beat my impression of the 350 now!

The car I looked at today is an 05 gt with 74k on the clock, pretty good condition, no rust, a few scratches that will polish out and decent amount of small stone chips, after market exhaust that sounded amazing. Is up for 6995 from a garage ,which I think is slightly on the high side. what do you guys think I should be trying to get it for? is that price way off or not too bad?

Sorry to hear about your dc5, was it a type r?

The 350z are great motors, with lots going for them. The price always reflects history and overall condition. You could buy an average mileage 05 GT for 6k and over the course of 6-12 months cost 1.5k in repairs ie clutch, tyres, battery, brakes and suspension etc. or and spend 7k and not end up spending for the above as its been replaced recently - the joys of used car buying.

David

I've had a DC5, S2000 & 350Z so I may be able to help a bit

I went from my DC5 to S2000 & regretted it so much, the S2000 just lacks power & doesn't drive brilliant so I sold it after a couple weeks! Few cars later I got my 350z & absolutely love it! Awesome cars! Great bit of power & so much fun to drive plus they sound AWESOME!

Only way u will be able to tell is by driving the S2K & a zed but I know u will choose the zed

Thats the other thing with the car, it hasnt had a clutch yet so thats a slight concern, also the headlights are pretty foggy, looks like it may be on the inside too so might not be easy to polish out. I don't really love the look of the s2000 plus I'd rather have a coupe rather than a convertible with a hard top. Interesting about the s2000 compared to the dc5, would have thought they would have felt similar in the power department. Im having high hopes that the s2000 will feel light, pointy and responsive to drive, if its not better than the dc5 then I'll probably go with the zed! love the sound of the v6!

Hi, i sold my S2000 for a 350 and very happy with my decision so far, even tho i loved the s2000, it was better handling because its much lighter but you have to be constantly up and down through the gearbox and screaming the titties off it to go anywhere and sitting at 4k through town is not a good look, theyre an ass to drive smooth slowly or in traffic and unless its a hardtop youll be deaf when you get there. But through some twisties with some decent tires will destory almost anything beware they are very snatchy when it does let go and you're usually going fairly quick when it does. 350 is easier to drive, easier to slide, much much more powerful, more comfortable and still bags of fun also your not crippled/deaf when you arrive. Plus looks more expensive in the car park and you dont get dickheads calling you a hairdresser/ confusing it with an MX5.

Sorry for the essay but hope this helps.

I'm a huge Honda fan, B series civic type R, EP3 Type R, DC2 and DC5 R's and an NSX 3.0 manual.The S2k is the only one I never tried funnily enough :)

The Z I have now replaced a manual E46 M3 which in my opinion wasn't that good. The Z is a good compromise between all of the above if practicality isn't an issue for you.