Evo Triangle, life size Scaletrix track

JetSet

Ban this filth, ruddy boy racers, they're all the same these Petrolheads, I blame immigration, it wasn't like this when I were a lad, what they need is national service, bring back corporal punishment etc etc

:lol:

All it needs is a little enforcement of current limits. There's miles of UK roads that can be enjoyed within the national speed limit.

Over publicised and overrated in my opinion, lots of similar roads to be found elsewhere.

I would avoid it in future for the above reasons.

With all the attention, plod will be keeping a watchful eye no doubt, more so than before :ninja:

• Like 2

If he is such a good driver he wouldn't have got himself in that mess in the first place. Complete ****.

I do agree with that. ;)

He got away with it & "saved it" Darren because there was nothing oncoming, ...if there had been then he would have crashed, so no skill just luck imo.

It's the same with any road that someone is going to drive spiritedly. Unless it's clear and you can see a very long distance on the road or you have driven it once already stick to the speed limit or just a couple of mph over not silly speeds.

As I have got older I'm much happier to sit at 60 and take the corner properly rather than trying to just drive 'fast'

• Like 3

Genuinely, 60. It's too obvious a place for the police to target, and there's better roads than that in the UK if you really want to push on.

A lot of the triangle is over 1,000 feet and suffers some considerable winter damage. This winter hasn't been bad but I've been over the Denbigh to Cerig-y-Drudion section several times when the road has been barely passable and on a few occasions have had to divert onto a different route. The only section that seems to escape the ravages of winter is the newish section of road from The Sportsmans Arms to The Brenig Dam. It's interesting to note that the record snowfall for the U.K was up on The Evo in 1948.

As far as The Police go, I've never seen a speed trap up there but Chris will probably know where they position themselves. Also, for those who've never been on it, long sections are unfenced with sheep potentially crossing or simply wandering in the road :scare: .

Pete

Doubt you will get a speed trap up there, with all the budget cuts and the likes are there even any traffic police left in N.Wales? Just the odd revenue generating vans Id guess?

It's not just a run out for groups of car clubs who maybe visit once a year. It also happens to be within easy reach of Merseyside, Manchester and parts of The Midlands and it's a magnet for hordes of motor cyclists every weekend from Easter onwards. North Wales Police will be up there with mobile cameras from Easter until the weather turns colder pretty well every weekend. There's also a number of other places they target, for example The Horseshoe Pass,The Llandegla Moors and The A5 near to Chris's house to name just a few. North Wales Police have in the order of 8 mobile "Go Safe" cameras and at least 3 of these are in use every day, more at weekends in the summer.

So they mainly target speeding motor bikes in a valiant but mainly hopeless effort to reduce the number of motor cyclist deaths and serious injuries in North Wales, hardly a week passes without a serious accident like the one yesterday involving a couple of guys who were seriously injured not far from where I live.

Pete

And where do you you think a nice easy place to put that would be? ;)

The optimist in me would think they will get more hits at some former dual carriageway that is now a 30mph zone catching unaware non-locals out than in the middle of the sticks for the occasional car club... I can hope right? :lol:

You would think, wouldn't you? :lol:

I've always thought they did well by leaving the actual Triangle void of policing, as it's a relatively safe bit of road (especially the well-sighted Western leg) and it does attract the tourism. However, as soon as we start to get accidents and published incidents like the one mentioned then that's going to change rapidly I fear. It would be nice if petrolheads could curb their enthusiasm a little to keep the driving safe albeit quick. but for some the temptation is just too much. Honda guy got very, very lucky, as that would've been really nasty.

I wonder if they'd go for plenty of hits of 40s in a 30, or a handful of 120s in a 60? One makes good figures in the boring annual list, one gets some great headlines for the Force in question.

I love how the main "solution" they seem to immediately give in the article is lets reduce the speed limit. From the looks of it, these people are not adhering to the 60mph limit, so they are hardly likely to suddenly start sticking to a 40mph limit.