Paint Protection Films

-G-

As taking custody of my new Toy approaches I'm finding lots of luxurious ideas to lavish her with once I have the keys.

Has anyone ever opted to get paint protection film installed on their car? I understand that some people get partial coverage while others get full & hoped to gauge which is worth going for regarding both performance and cost.

Thanks in advance for any advice forthcoming :-)

I have a friend that owns a good company that does this, and another friend that is an authorised applicator for Ceramic Pro.

I'd say both are good options, I was thinking of doing half the bumper in film, the other in Ceramic Pro to see which is better :lol:

And it's certainly a case of how good the person applying the product is, just remember that.

If you want any details just ask :thumbs:

I have a friend that owns a good company that does this, and another friend that is an authorised applicator for Ceramic Pro.

I'd say both are good options, I was thinking of doing half the bumper in film, the other in Ceramic Pro to see which is better :lol:

And it's certainly a case of how good the person applying the product is, just remember that.

If you want any details just ask :thumbs:

Having just paid for a front end respray a few months ago to get more stone chips is seriously annoying, I'd be interested in this being done after my next respray :rant::angry::yuck::surrender:, in for info.

• Like 1

This is my friends company that offers the film:

http://cgperformance.co.uk/

As for pricing, I honestly don't know as I've not done anything for my car.

My friend that applies the Ceramic Pro has just done 3 Cayman GT4's which have been delivered directly from Porsche to him. He has prepped them either prior to film being applied (by 3rd party companies), or has done the CP treatment.

Whilst there a 991 GT3RS had come in for the same treatment with film afterwards but that guy wasn't good at all.

So, as mentioned you should find a reputable applicator for this kind of stuff.

I know an awesome PPF (basically Ventureshield type film called XPEL) applicator in the north west if anyone needs it doing

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Ricey@revolveautomotive
  • Like 3

I know an awesome PPF (basically Ventureshield type film called XPEL) applicator in the north west if anyone needs it doing

Why dont you live closer to me Paul? I want you in my life.

• Like 1

How does this film work with polishing/detailing etc.?

Obviously the paintwork is perfectly clean before application, but normally with exposed paintwork you can impart a level of shine or whatever depending on your preference and the product used.

Is it simply cleaned at the washing stage and that's it? Just curious as to how this fits into the whole detailing world that is prevalent on the internet.

How does this film work with polishing/detailing etc.?

Obviously the paintwork is perfectly clean before application, but normally with exposed paintwork you can impart a level of shine or whatever depending on your preference and the product used.

Is it simply cleaned at the washing stage and that's it? Just curious as to how this fits into the whole detailing world that is prevalent on the internet.

You can't do jack once the film is on AFAIK.

Similar principal to putting a ceramic/glass coating on. You want the underlying surface to be as defect free as possible before doing it.

For me you will lose some of what the paint has to offer with a film but the protection it gives is a major trade off.

It was the first thing i had done when i bought my 370 new, all front and half bonnet now 6 years on not a stone chip anywhere.

Film or ceramic application Kev

Itll be a film. You'd never half coat a car in ceramic.

To clarify ceramic will offer limited protection against stone chips.

It'll help but nothing like a film

• Like 1

Ceramic won't stop stone chips. Nor last 6 years.

Although I'm doing some other bits first, as I mentioned I am going to test and document how Ceramic Pro holds up. It's permanent but as to how well it lasts against stone chips, we'll find out.

It's not like other products that I've seen btw.

"Permanent" in regards to LSP is a very different prospect to any other meaning of the word.

Expect 2-3 years or expect to top up regularly and you won't be far off though.

I'm looking forward to seeing how that holds up though, particularly against stone chips.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested if you can pm me a number please :)

I'd also be interested in this for the underside of the sills and behind the rear wheels that are very vulnerable to stone chips on the e type. I think this would be better than a textured stonechip paint finish.

I'm interested if you can pm me a number please :)

Not got a number buy Google APM Customs Sandycroft.

Then go and see you bank manager!

They are the best around though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

so what happens after 3-5 years when you peel it off?? Will it take the paint off?? will the section underneath be like new whilst the rest of the car may have swirl marks, weather fading etc etc?? I suppose what im asking is that after you remove the film, is there a difference in apperance to the paint?