Watch the Birdy

BIG-COL

Hi had a bit of bad luck at the weekend ( not as much as the partridge )

I hit a bird on the M42 on my way to Newcastle in my 370z Nismo, when i got up there i noticed not only had i hit the bird, but it had gone straight through my front end & was still hanging from the car,

i have been told by Nissan it will require a new front end,

My Nismo is a 2014 which i adore, but the 2015 Nismo has a different front end with LED light which looks stunning, The question i am going to ask is, can i fit a 2015 front end to my 2014 car, the electrics is my concern, i think the front end will be the same size.

post-25033-0-47172700-1457351130_thumb.jpg

Just had the quote off Nissan, £954 thats for a new 2014 front end. The 2015 front end is £1210 before fitting

The Bodyshop manager said if it was just the split where the bird went in, he could repair it, but where the lower spoiler is split he couldn't guarantee its strength. I'm going to have a look around for a good body repair place, its finding one.

Just had the quote off Nissan, £954 thats for a new 2014 front end. The 2015 front end is £1210 before fitting

The Bodyshop manager said if it was just the split where the bird went in, he could repair it, but where the lower spoiler is split he couldn't guarantee its strength. I'm going to have a look around for a good body repair place, its finding one.

Really? Oldbonesmcgee got his 2015 front end for a whole lot less than that. If I remember right the led sidelights were the expensive part