HELP, I think i have a problem, Nismo LMGT4 and wheel nuts

MrMartinPGrant

My 370Z GT Edition came from the dealer fitted with Nismo LMGT4 wheels,

i have read some where that these wheels don't use normal after market wheels nuts, some have said they use the flat type and some have said they are not flat,

i'm so confused,

there are pictures of my wheel nuts and you can also see in the pictures of the wheel, that they do have a flat ridge and then a bit of a tapered bit inside where the nuts go.

are these the right wheels nuts?

and does anyone know where i can get the right nuts red colour in a long version

WP_20160301_16_05_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_27_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_27_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_28_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_28_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_28_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_24_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_24_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_25_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_25_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20160305_14_25_54_Pro.jpg

Edited by MrMartinPGrant

I've no idea if this applies to your wheels, but the OEM Nismo wheels I have (different design to yours) have a specific type of nut with a sort of revolving washer built in to them (sorry - I am sure there is a more accurate way of describing them). I think it is supposed to be risky/dangerous to fit non OEM style wheel nuts to wheels which require this sort of nut. They look like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nismo+oem+wheel+nuts+370z&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3kZXLiK7LAhVLXRoKHUuSDzsQ_AUIBygB&biw=1920&bih=947#imgrc=6h3B8Zm4tycEcM%3A

Hopefully somebody will be along soon to confirm the correct type of wheel nut for yours.

As you are using the LMGT4 rims (for the 350's), you are using the correct nuts.

I used these rims on my 370 for a short while with the 350 nuts.

Had you been using the 370 Nismo rims then yes, you should be using the nuts as Sipar has linked.

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 1

Tarmac Sportz do some very reasonably priced steel combo nuts in black and red.

Give them a PM and they'll hook you up.

i was on the tarmac site looking, but i don't know which ones i need

Why not treat the zed to some nice genuine ones.

http://www.nengun.co...o/wheel-nut-set

:O the price of them lol

I've no idea if this applies to your wheels, but the OEM Nismo wheels I have (different design to yours) have a specific type of nut with a sort of revolving washer built in to them (sorry - I am sure there is a more accurate way of describing them). I think it is supposed to be risky/dangerous to fit non OEM style wheel nuts to wheels which require this sort of nut. They look like this:

https://www.google.c...6h3B8Zm4tycEcM:

Hopefully somebody will be along soon to confirm the correct type of wheel nut for yours.

i found out that these OEM 370z nuts won't fit because of the width of the washer part, i think that's what he meant, that they won't go into the hole.

As you are using the LMGT4 rims (for the 350's), you are using the correct nuts.

I used these rims on my 370 for a short while with the 350 nuts.

Had you been using the 370 Nismo rims then yes, you should be using the nuts as Sipar has linked.

i don't know, are they different for the 350Z and 370z?, these came on the car. i'm just thinking, these nuts do look like the OEM nuts from a 350Z

edit - sorry i read your comment wrong, now i understand, so these nuts are the right nuts to use with these wheels on a 370Z, thanks :)

just need to find a long version in red.

Providing the thread on the 370 lugs is the same as the 350 1.25 I believe, the ones I've link too are the correct ones for the LMGT4's

This is the correct lug nuts for the Nismo LMGT4.

DSCF4863_zpsxzdyp5qx.jpg

see this is where i'm so confused, they look like 60 degree tapered ones, but all the info i find says you can't use 60 degree tapered nuts with these wheels, this is doing my head in lol

Edited by MrMartinPGrant

Your Nismo wheels were supplied for the 350s but they do fit the 370's. As long as you use the tapered style of nut with those wheels you are fine. Do NOT use the flat bottom/washered style that are specifically for the 370 wheels.

Having seen the nuts ZMANALEX supplied I recall these were supplied with with the LMGT4's although the standard 350 OEM nuts do fit, iirc. The longer version are better though so that there is less chance of your socket slipping off and damaging the nut recess's on the wheels - but I taped my sockets as an added preventative to avoid damage as the recess diameter is very restricted on the LMGT4's.

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 1

We have normal ones at £15 a set and Spline driven ones at £25 a set in stock :thumbs:

are you sure they will fit these wheels lol, can you give me a link to the Spline driven ones :)

Spline driven nuts are here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/101156-steel-wheel-nuts-redblueblackchrome-and-neo-from-25-a-set/page__hl__spline

:thumbs:

• Like 1

ZMANALEX, actually the pic of the ones you posted do look the same as the link SHEZZA posted

they must be the right ones,

now if i could only find them at a lot less than £95.00

No they are different.

The image I posted up are the genuine OEM Nismo LMGT4 black steel lugs that come with the original LMGT4 wheels.

These are what you want, if you want to stay authentic.

Remember that the normal size hex will not fit in the LMGT4 wheel aperture, as it is smaller.

The size you require is M12XP1.25 17mm hex.

If you go more than 17mm hex you will damage the wheel.

Plenty in stock if you are not sorted. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

• Like 1

Your Nismo wheels were supplied for the 350s but they do fit the 370's. As long as you use the tapered style of nut with those wheels you are fine. Do NOT use the flat bottom/washered style that are specifically for the 370 wheels.

Having seen the nuts ZMANALEX supplied I recall these were supplied with with the LMGT4's although the standard 350 OEM nuts do fit, iirc. The longer version are better though so that there is less chance of your socket slipping off and damaging the nut recess's on the wheels - but I taped my sockets as an added preventative to avoid damage as the recess diameter is very restricted on the LMGT4's.

thanks Ebized, it's making sense to me now :)

ZMANALEX, actually the pic of the ones you posted do look the same as the link SHEZZA posted

they must be the right ones,

now if i could only find them at a lot less than £95.00

No they are different.

The image I posted up are the genuine OEM Nismo LMGT4 black steel lugs that come with the original LMGT4 wheels.

These are what you want, if you want to stay authentic.

Remember that the normal size hex will not fit in the LMGT4 wheel aperture, as it is smaller.

The size you require is M12XP1.25 17mm hex.

If you go more than 17mm hex you will damage the wheel.

Plenty in stock if you are not sorted. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

ZMANALEX ive looked again and now i see they are different lol,

i had my mind set on red ones like tarmac posted, god i don't know what to do now, i need to decide

thanks, i now know you have the originator ones in stock :thumbs:

We have normal ones at £15 a set and Spline driven ones at £25 a set in stock :thumbs:

are you sure they will fit these wheels lol, can you give me a link to the Spline driven ones :)

Spline driven nuts are here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...age__hl__spline

:thumbs:

thanks :) i just need to decide now to go with your red ones or the original ones zmanalex has :thumbs:

I've got the original ones as Alex has posted, thought the ones I posted were as good as. Though now you know Alex has got those your sorted.

:thumbs: this is one of the main reasons i come on this site and keep coming back, although i don't post much, people here actually help, unlike other Zed sites.

• Like 1