Nismo Fairlady Z owner - fault with vdc off & slip light

Djcontrol

Hi all

I've got what seems to be a common problem with the VDC off / Slip light ... I've been searching the net but can't seem to get an answer, other than it could be the cam shaft sensor,abs sensor , or brake pads low / fluid low (checked that and they fine) any ideas ? Or is a trip to nissan the best option to see if chucks up a fault code ... The car is a 2002 fairlady nismo s-tune ... What makes this worse is I've only just bought the car from Japan and this is what the agents told me ... Arhhhh help please

I'm a little confused. You say a 2002 Nismo Fairlady Z S-Tune? There were no official S-Tune Fairlady Zs released in 2002, if fact 2002 was the release year of the Z33 worldwide which means Nismo hadn't even gotten hold of one to start any racing development on.

The Nismo S-Tune GT was released in 2005 if that's what you own.

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/complete/z_s-tunegt/top.html

Save yourself some money and buy an OMBDMATE OM500 JOBD code reader from Amazon. I paid £29.95 for mine.

It works on all JDM imports and can clear fault codes too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDMATE-OM500-SCANNER-OBDII-Reader/dp/B018SC4URA/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457209633&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=OMBDMATE+OM500+JOBD+code+reader

Have you checked you have the correct size tyres on?

My Fairlady Z had mismatched 40 profile Yokohama tyres on the rear when we picked it up, and the slip light came on a few times on the way home.

• Like 1

Sorry if I've not explained properly, but it's difficult fully understand..I'm told the lights won't go off and the car has gone into limp mode.

I was told it was a Nismo model, I guess if they came out later then it must just have nismo badges . Like I said car is still in Japan as only just purchased and agent has been testing it, he's going to take to Nissan on Monday

There were no dash lights on, they came on after driving it a few miles.

Could be numerous issues, some very cheap to fix and others not so cheap.

Best advice that I can give you is not to buy a car with any dash lights on.

Sounds like you've bought a total donkey. I'd seriously look at getting my money back and using it to buy a decent car from a reputable importer instead. The way the Yen exchange rate is just now I'd focus on getting my £ back as opposed to the equivalent in Yen

Jurgen Vallons at JM Imports or Oz at Harlow Jap Autos are two of the best in the UK for importing JDM cars & they have a rich stock of cars ready to go in the UK between them

Rick at RaceCarparts (trader on here) can find you anything (within reason) in Japan and has worked with both Jurgen & Oz.

Happy hunting.

• 3 months later...