350z DE (LED) Front Bumper Reflectors

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hi All,

NEW UPDATED PRICES FOR 2018 AND BACK IN STOCK

Had a batch of these delivered:

De are carbon effect £75

FB42465A-9F49-463C-B83B-761C3D352896_zps0kzqvb5l.jpg

HR are black £85

Fitting instruction for the DE ones from forum member Ben - HR should be the same.

Fitting 350z Reflector Daytime Running Lights.

Equipment Required

1x Set of Tarmac Sport Reflector DRL’s

1x Auto DRL switch - http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2 x In line wire taps (available from Maplins

10mm Socket

Short posi-drive screw driver

Impact gun / Tyre Iron

Car Jack

Axle stand

Fine flat head screw driver.

Time required

About 1 hour.

Process

1. Disconnect Battery
  2. Jack up front end of the car and place on stands.
  1. Remove the front wheel. (note that if you don’t have an impact gun you should loosen your wheel nuts on the ground)
  2. Remove the wheel liner – this requires removal of one screw panel clip and 3 other panel clips which can be levered up with the fine screw driver. I didn’t remove the ones under the car and simply bent the wheel liner out of the way.
    20141113_183841_zpsfktizs9n.jpg
  3. Then you need to undo the front bumper (two 10mm hex heads under the arch liner) and remove all 6 of the plastic clips in the engine bay which hold on the bumper.
  4. At this point you can lever the bumper forward just enough to get access to the reflectors without removing the whole bumper.
    using the small posi-drive, remove the reflector by unscrewing the two screws. This image is taken after i had removed the reflector.
    20141113_183829_zps3btd9km3.jpg
  5. Push the new DRL’s into place and check the fitment. If the fit is good, screw them in.
    20141113_184221_zpskadfhnxa.jpg
  6. I had already wired up the auto switch to the manufacturers instructions and led the cable out above the head lights
    20141113_184215_zpsrbi6qm85.jpg
  7. I also took this opportunity to fit LED side lights
    20141113_184227_zpslvlidhai.jpg
  8. On one side you also have to tap into the side light positive. I did this with the inline tap from Maplin electronics. I wired mine to the main head light. Technically you should wire to the side light but i thought it looked way cooler this way.
  9. Once you have done this i would check it all still works by attaching the auto switch to the battery briefly, then reverse the process to put the bumper back on.
  10. I also took this opportunity to fit some Tarmac wheel spacers and bleed my brakes. (I had to steal the pipe from the hoover to torque them up!)
    20141113_185654_zps79cunmkx.jpg
  11. Repeat the above for the opposite side.
  12. When both DRL’s are fitted, you have to wire the auto switch into the ignition of the car. After a bit of research i found that the yellowwire at the back of the plenum turned positive when the ignition was on. I used another maplins conector here. Those of you into engine dress up will probably want to find a neater way of doing this.
  13. I earthed the switch to the bracket which holds on the wires that i tapped into.
    DSC03218_zps5746b943.jpg
  14. Reattach the battery and check it all works. Remember that the lights must turn off when you turn on your headlights.

Here is a picture of the finished product, more to come on the weekend when I can do something cool.

DSC03213edit_zpsdc3d2286.jpg

DSC03219noplate_zps6f6fcdda.jpg

DSC03221_zps0b0fea9f.jpg

DSC03222_zps864dff32.jpg

DSC03231noplate_zpsbc1dfe8e.jpg

6 months warranty

• Like 1

Are there (or will there be) any other finishes for the DE lights? I cannot stomach the idea of having any "farbon" on my car... but I notice in Ben's pics the lights have a simple matt black finish.

Failing that, can the farbon be simply peeled off, or would I need to sand/paint?

Are there (or will there be) any other finishes for the DE lights? I cannot stomach the idea of having any "farbon" on my car... but I notice in Ben's pics the lights have a simple matt black finish.

Failing that, can the farbon be simply peeled off, or would I need to sand/paint?

It would be fairly easy to cover the carbon with a template.Not sure about peeling it off though

You could just buy a sheet of any colour wrap and put it on top - A4 sheets are only 1 or 2 pound off eBay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...