New Zed purchase

Marius

Hey guys!

Its been a long time since I posted anything constructive on this forum as I've been Zedless for a while. I regret selling my car so much, but whats done its done. So Ive been looking to buy a new 350 or 370Z and after a long time searching/debating/delaying I believe the one that was in the best nick, in my price range and closest to me was this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Nissan-350Z-3-5-V6-GT-Pack-Coupe-Leather-BOSE-Xenons-Heated-Seats-/262286278436?hash=item3d117aff24:g:Fs0AAOSwUuFWvg4A

I know this add has been discussed and the car is overpriced but currently I can't find anything similar, age wise, milage wise etc. There was one almost identical but with LMGT4 alloys, a bit more expensive and was snapped up literally immediately. After haggling with the dealer, the best he can supposedly do is £11,400 (and that was a struggle).

I am going to see it next Monday, and wondered what should I look for? I just don't want to fork out that much for a Zed that might have some hidden problems (I've had bad experience with traders before). The milage appears to be genuine and MOT history seems legit. Any tips guys?

Thanks,

Marius

I must have missed the previous thread but you know while it might be an 08 reg car when he says its 09 its got the spec of an 06/07?

If they are selling around that price like you say then cool but I can help thinking you'll take a massive hit on it in a couple of years

But while you're there, clicky axels, any rust, at that price you'd want as new decent tyre brands, discs and pads all good, usual service history, Ive seen some getting close to needing a clutch around the 40k mark

Does look clean to be fair

I think its a little pricey for a non HR :scare:, also if you are set on this car perhaps you can pay the RAC for a performance car check (under £300) and the will give the car a semi thorough check which may be useful for haggling further or at the very least show up semi obvious underlying issues. Bear in mind though that this is not a professional full check just a little due diligence if you are handing over so much cash - I did this for my HR purchase 2 months ago . Th RAC took thecaraway from the dealer r 2.5 hours a gave me an 11page report after.

Hope this makes sense

• 2 weeks later...