I need new tyres!

Draximus

So the time has come to replace my tires... got 25K out of the stock tires so cant complain too much!

Anyway so it seems Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the tyre of choice for many people, so I have been pricing some up from various websites and I have found that there are...

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/35 ZR19 100Y XL, FSL

and ...

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/35 ZR19 96Y

Is there any reason not to go with the first ones with the XL (Extra Load) and FSL (which is apparently a protection for the rim flange... whatever that is) ?

Second question is... are places like ATS Euromaster garages suitable for fitting, balancing etc, wheels to a Z, slightly worried that they might trash my rims or mess up the Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors.

Manchester area btw.

Speaking from experience, the ATS near me was a **** up. Buggered my dads wheel up, then spent and hour trying to cover it up only to just give it back and not tell us. Only know they tried to fix it cause they put some weird silver @*!# on the rim, obviously hoping it would match - It didn't.

But saying that, some places just get a bad rep, and you might find your local branch is different - Call them to see if they can fit tyres that big cause some places have limitations on width

I've always had my tyres fitted at an alloy wheel refurber's/suppliers in the hope there the most careful, as that's there business and its allways worked out fine for me.

No reason not to go with the XL tyres as this will give you a more responsive feeling. All MPSS have FSL Which is basically the tyre sticking out more than the rim of the wheel to give a bit of curb damage protection. I'm guessing that's just been missed out

Edited by SHEZZA

• 3 weeks later...

As an FYI for anyone visiting this thread later.

I ordered my tyres from blackcircles and got them delivered to my local nissan hpc, who fitted them for £13 per tyre.

They did it the same time as my service & mot.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports are awesome btw ... much better than my almost bald bridgestones :)

• 3 weeks later...