Oil pressure gauge reading zero...

SkylineV35

I had some gauges in for a while now and all have been working fine until recently my oil pressure gauge just sits at zero no matter if im idle or driving at any given speed. Before on cold start gauge would switch on do a sweep and sit at 80-90psi then after car warms up it would sit 20-30psi. Now it goes to max psi and slowly drops down to zero and stays there. I have checked all wiring replaced sender unit and still same.. is it possible gauge isnt working? Or do i actually have no pressure? But surely if I had no oil pressure the dash lights would flash? Iv also done an oil change while i was under. Is there any other way I can test? The car seems fine no knocking noises and sounds fine... oil levels are fine.

Edited by SkylineV35

What is the OEM oil pressure gauge reading ?

If in doubt, just check the oil pressure with an independent gauge direct from the engine block.

My v35 doesnt have oem oil gauge. So just get a mechanical pressure gauge from harlfords or something and plug it to the block? Where would be best location to plug it to?

Have you tried connecting the two wires from the sender together ? The gauge should read maximum

I suspect the gauge , is it a cheap one?

You mean connect the two wires at sensor unit? Il give that a try when it stops raining.

Yeh its a silly glowshift thing from the states only chose the set because it had purple to go with my colour scheme at the time.

Have you tried connecting the two wires from the sender together ? The gauge should read maximum

I suspect the gauge , is it a cheap one?

You mean connect the two wires at sensor unit? Il give that a try when it stops raining.

Yeh its a silly glowshift thing from the states only chose the set because it had purple to go with my colour scheme at the time.

yep those two , its almost certainly the gauge , I would not advise removing the sensor unless you need to , i've seen the threads strip just by removing them