Fuli - Time Attack 350z build

Fuli

Hi Guys!

I'm new here, so a few words about myself: I'm 30 and living in Budapest, Hungary. I had ( and also have ) some sportscars in the past 12 years, subarus, audis and the like. 2 years ago I've bought a '04 Nissan 350z ( 280hp european version with 6speed manual and brembos ). Last year I started racing in the national time attack series with it, as a full stock car. I nearly won my category, ( i was 2nd because i had to skip 2 rounds ) For this season we decided to participate in the pro category and make the car a bit lighter and do some upgrade on the suspension too. The plan was to reduce it's weight min. 100kg and gave fully adjustable cambers and coilovers for them. So the current setup:

'04 Nissan 350z ( VQ35DE - full stock engine )

- Driftworks Handling Pack ( HSD monopro coilovers , adjustable arms around, )

- Sparco Pro2000 seats, RRS stearing wheel,

- -113 kgs out ( + 2x 11,5kg seats with brackets so the balance is -90kg from its stock weight )

- EBC black grooved sport discs with Ferodo DS3000 racing pads

- Japan Racing JR11 wheels ( 9,5x 18 front and 10,5x 18 rear )

- slick tyres on the way.

I hope you will give some advice and good ideas for my build, so that's why I'm join this community. :)

Try to attach some pictures:

post-28359-0-82934200-1456774410_thumb.jpg

post-28359-0-96377500-1456774456_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Plenty of great advice, tips & inspiration on here for you. Few threads below for you to get you started... :D

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/106110-hardcore-350zs-only/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84366-my-little-weekend-project/

Also members build threads here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/156-member-build-projects/

My old supercharged Zed build is in my signature if you're interested. ;)

Be intetested in the weight loss, I.e how did you loose 90kg :)

I would probably loose the relatively heavy jr alloys for something light, that will make a world of difference, possibly some 2 piece discs with ally bells, unsprung weight is the best place to loose bulk.

• Like 1

Thank You Guys!

Here are some more pictures:

( Why I can't upload more than 750kb on one post??? )

Honestly the best way to post pictures on here is to just use Photobucket. It's free to join and you won't be restricted on upload size etc.

Guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/103472-how-to-add-your-photos-to-the-forum/

Link to Photobucket: http://s273.photobucket.com/

Will make posting pictures so much better for you & they'll all appear full size too. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Welcome.

A few of us here have fully stripped the zed and still finding ways to get the car lighter. I'm currently at 1380kg but going for a full cage so will gain some more.

Ultimately how much weight you can loose depends on your class rules. But in general:

- lightweight wheels. Rays are among the lightest/strongest unless you can afford more exotic stuff.

- full interior strip including sound deadening and unnecessary items behind dashboard.

- replace door, window and bonnet with carbonfibre parts. Dry carbon is better than wet.

- replace all glass except windscreen with lexan or plexiglass.

- remove or hole-punch and chassis double skin that is not structural to offset cage weight

- hole punch the front and rear crash bars

- lightweight flywheel, clutch, pulleys and AC delete

- Full underbody strip if possible. The tar weighs a lot.

- lightweight battery

- light weight 2 piece brake disc with aluminum hats

- 304 steel/titanium exhaust from header to tail tip with added benefit of performance.

- since you are using true rear coilovers swap the rear spring bucket arm for a lighter adjustable toe arm

And any major thing I've missed someone will surely point out.

While weight loss is important you can improve handling by swapping all the bushes to urethane or solid bushes.

Good luck and keep sharing.

• Like 1

Seats: ;)

He's got sparco pro sport seats or are should I be sending you a pair of glasses :lol:

I know that :lol: Just that you asked to point out if YOU had missed any thing major off YOUR list :lol:

I have a pair of Sparco Pro 2000 seats with runners sitting in the shop and they are as light as a feather.

:lol: clever clog Alex. :lol:

Omitted seats as he already got them same as steering and assume he's got all the airbsgs out.

Seriously this summer I need to come up to Scotland and find out what else you may have in your man cave but also for some track tuition on on the GTR. While my old scoobie was AWD the R35 is so different and removed from a RWD. It hides it's weight so well and yet sometimes you feel the bulk.

:lol: clever clog Alex. :lol:

Omitted seats as he already got them same as steering and assume he's got all the airbsgs out.

Seriously this summer I need to come up to Scotland and find out what else you may have in your man cave but also for some track tuition on on the GTR. While my old scoobie was AWD the R35 is so different and removed from a RWD. It hides it's weight so well and yet sometimes you feel the bulk.

Yeah, that would be fun. I can get you on to Knockhill most days, however the "private" open pit sessions are the best.

Once you get the confidence with the GTR it is very easy to move the torque split from rear to front, or where ever you want it, and once you get the power down the car feels extremely light and agile, until you need to stop. and then you realise that it is a very heavy car indeed, however once you sort out your braking zones, it becomes extremely rewarding and enjoyable.

Photobucket doesn't works, try upload some photos via tapatalk.:

920fbe8db137668b39d6a08561fe1652.jpg8a16bc86ee6af0a9c94ba5ddcd95bd40.jpgb7b21de9001c110429f0906b5770725b.jpge9be9b2890d6eeb06411a30fbc5a9fa9.jpg63fc68cd40f91d0ecc14b75803f4379f.jpg93b60ba7e3aa844b28830a4ffc2cebb3.jpg3e9d263bad0cc561f34803001a62e5f8.jpg

Current:

'11 Audi Rs3 for daily fun

'03 Nissan 350z for TimeAttack racing

Past:

'08 Audi S3 SB 330hp

'06 Subaru Sti over 600 hp