Any thoughts on mtec brake discs (I have read every 370 brakes post and nothing)

davedutch

I'm looking for new discs, deffinately rear but would prefer all round, seen the mtec listed but no idea if they are any good so before I shell out on stop tech or dba I thought I would ask if anyone has any knowledge of these.

Edited by davedutch

I'm looking for new discs, deffinately rear but would prefer all round, seen the mtec listed but no idea if they are any good so before I shell out on stop tech or dba I thought I would ask if anyone has any knowledge of these.

I looked at these when I did mine but TBH they seem to be cheaper for a reason. A lot of the Clio/Civic boys run them and there is a lot of warping threads.

With the 70 its going to be worse given its weight. If I was you I would just got OEM as the brakes are so good standard. I am sure Clark will do you a deal if you drop them a call :)

370ad That was kind of my thoughts, cheaper is generally not better !

But it's always worth checking things out.

I also tend to agree ref oem discs, I'm not personally convinced by drilled discs but they do look nicer!

All I want is the car to stop when I want it to.